Inside Scoop From the Tony Awards Gift Lounge
By Amber James Posted Jun 14th 2010 02:30PM
On 3 Productions produced the Official Talent Gift Lounge backstage at the 64th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on Sunday, and everyone from Sean Hayes and Scarlett Johansson to Paula Abdul, Justin Bartha and Kristin Chenoweth stopped by to pick up some sweet gifts. PopEater has the inside scoop from the stars and vendors backstage at Broadway's biggest night.
While not a typical gift, LG Electronics pledged to donate an energy-efficient washer and dryer to a Broadway theater in the name of each visitor to the lounge. LG will outfit all 45 Broadway theaters with new laundry pairs, which are among the most energy-efficient machines on the market, to reduce energy and water usage for years to come. When asked "Whose dirty laundry would you most like to wash?", Paula Abdul replied Simon Cowell, while Sean Hayes said George W. Bush!
And who has the dirtiest laundry? Justin Bartha said Zach Galifianakis took that title on the set of 'The Hangover.' We can only imagine.
The stars even received a one-year membership to Crunch gym. Broadway's 'Promises, Promises' star Kristin Chenoweth slipped on a pair of boxing gloves.
"I love these boxing gloves. I'm envisioning punching someone right now!" she joked with the vendors. Of course, she was just kidding -- but we wouldn't mess with her.
Meanwhile, Antonio Banderas and 'Sex and the City' star Chris Noth stopped by for a toast with Columbia Crest wine during the show.
Sarah Chloe, known for her personalized take on jewelry, surprised the stars with custom pieces. 'Glee' star Lea Michelle was given a gold "LM" necklace. "I love it, it's perfect. Do I really get to keep it?" she said.
Actress Scarlett Johansson received a personalized Sarah Chloe gold necklace with charms featuring her and husband Ryan Reynolds' names. "This is so sweet and adorable and very cool!" she said.
Full list of gifts:
- Columbia Crest commemorative bottle of wine, set of Reidel glasses and a one-year membership to the Summit Reserve Wine Club and a private winery tour.
- One year CRUNCH gym membership and private training session.
- $500 Gift Certificate to the Lisa Chiccine Salon and hair care collection.
- Diane Von Furstenberg Eyewear distributed by Marchon.
- Nespresso CitiZ Range
- Sarah Chloe customized jewelry
- Starbucks vouchers for complimentary Starbucks ice cream, an iPod Shuffle and a classic Zeroll ice cream scooper.
- Custom Molded In-Ear Monitors by Logitech
- Vera Bradley's Very Berry Paisley Miller and spring 2010 accessories
- One-year supply of Altoids mints
64th Annual Tony Awards
NEW YORK - JUNE 13: Actress Scarlett Johasson and Liev Schreiber onstage during the 64th Annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall on June 13, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Scarlett Johasson;Liev Schreiber
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The famous faces behind some of your favorite cartoon characters
- Country singer RaeLynn reveals secret about former 'Voice' coach Blake Shelton
- Justin Bieber compares his fender bender to Princess Diana crash
- Turner Layoffs Arrive Amid Search for Strong TV Exec
- Fox to Launch Female-Centric Network in Spain
- San Sebastian Unveils Latin Horizons Sidebar
- Marvel will reissue all those Dark Horse ?Star Wars' comics that didn't really happen
- Hello Kitty isn't a cat, but is anything really anything anymore, man?
- H. Jon Benjamin makes a crazy Kenny Loggins Kickstarter even crazier
- 'Swearnet': Mike Smith, Robb Wells, John Paul Tremblay Take on Censors (NSFW VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: 'Friends' Reunion, Jennifer Aniston Likes Breast Milk, Awkward Ice Bucket Challenges (VIDEO)
- 'Saw' Will Be Back in Theaters to Terrorize You This Halloween