Where Does 'The Situation Rap' Stand Among Reality Star Songs?
By Denise Warner Posted Jun 15th 2010 07:00PM
TMZ debuted a small snippet of the tune, which is a collaboration with Fatman Scoop, DJ Class and The Disco Fries. You can purchase the song this week on iTunes, if you are so inclined.
After listening to the 'Shore' star's efforts -- it got us thinking. How does it compare to other awesomely bad reality star's songs?
Listen to 'The Situation' below!
Get the Girls on Pop's Thoughts on Reality Stars and Their Music
Right before Sorrentino's rap hit the Internet, 'Real Housewife' Countess LuAnn de Lesseps released her single, 'Money Can't Buy You Class,' on May 25. An elegant music video with great makeup and even better lighting followed. Our Facebook and Twitter friends were thrilled when we passed this around.
LuAnn wasn't the first 'Housewife' to try her hand in the biz. Who could forget Kim Zolciak's 'Tardy for the Party'? Kim started selling her 'Party' on iTunes in 2009 and is expected to release a full-length album sometime this year. We definitely can wait for that.
Then there was Heidi. Heidi Montag literally spent a fortune on her singing career. (She said it cost $2 million to produce her debut album, 'Superficial,' leaving her broke.) Although 'Superficial' came out in January, Heidi actually released several singles before hand, including 'Higher,' which began assaulting our ears in February of 2008.
Of course, before any of them was Paris Hilton. She was first to channel her sex tape into a reality show on her way to fame. So it makes sense she'd be the pioneering reality star in the record industry. And, admit it, you've caught yourself singing along to 'Stars Are Blind' off of her self-titled album from 2006.
We're not too crazy about reality stars using their 15 minutes of fame this way. You've already got a TV show. Why branch out into other territories? Leave it to people who can actually sing. It goes one step beyond actors who want to be musicians -- because at least they have talent to begin with.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Betty White attends the "Hot in Cleveland" premiere on June 14th in New York City.
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
Bryan Bedder, Getty Images
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- Find Out Brooke Shields' Beauty Must-Have!
- Pics! Tara Reid and Other Stars Who Have Had Plastic Surgery
- Sleeping on Your Side Causes Premature Aging: How to Solve Sleep Wrinkles!