Scruffy Jonah Hill Ready for His Brad Pitt Movie Makeover
By Bryan Alexander Posted Jun 16th 2010 07:00PM
While Pitt removed his now-famous beard just in time to play a clean-cut baseball executive in 'Moneyball,' Hill will follow suit with his recurring scruff to play an equally clean-cut exec.
"I gotta shave," Hill said at the press day for his new movie 'Cyrus.' He still has the look of a guy traveling around the world to promote his other film, 'Get Him to the Greek.'
"Both the shave and the haircut are coming very soon. You're going to see a very prepped-out version of me," said Hill. "Brad Pitt and myself are the two leads [in 'Moneyball']."
Hill will play Paul De Podesta, the assistant to general manager Billy Beane (played by Pitt) of Oakland Athletics.
Even though the part requires some trimming, Hill couldn't be drawn into answering questions about his soon-to-be fictional boss's facial hair. "Come on, I have to rehearse with the guy tomorrow," he said of Pitt. "I don't want him to wonder why I've been answering questions about what beard length he prefers."
Hill is not planning to meet De Podesta before the shoot. "I don't want to do a physical impression of him," he said. "We don't look alike."
"I just want to capture his spirit and what he was about at that time."
But the die-hard Dodgers and Lakers fan says he is taking other steps to prepare for the role of the statistic-obsessed A's brainiac. "I'm getting a statistics tutor and really taking that seriously," he said.
He also gave credit to his serious turn in 'Cyrus,' which opens Friday, for opening the door to juicy serious parts. "[Director] Bennett Miller saw me in this and then cast me in 'Moneyball,'" said Hill. "It has done more than I could imagine in that regard."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart head off stage together after the recording of The Jimmy Kimmel show in Los Angeles.
PopScene: Weeks Hot Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Good News -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Exclusives -
- Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taylor Swift to hackers: I don't have nudes
- Texas high school's 'Uptown Funk' video goes viral
- ?Fantastic Four' debuts first trailer
- Jessica Chobot previews 2015's most exciting releases, from ?No Man's Sky' to ?Mad Max'
- ?Grim Fandango' creator Tim Schafer on the adventure-game revival
- Extra Scoop: We're Going to See Katie Holmes on TV Again!
- Mandy Moore May Have Hinted at Divorce on Instagram
- Taylor Swift's Reaction to 'Nude' Hacker Threat Is Priceless
- Tom Brady's High School Coach Reveals He Was Once Locked in a Locker in High School, Confirms He's Always Been That Hot
- Miss California USA Contestant Chanelle Riggan Suffers Bikini Malfunction During Pageant, Recovers Like a Pro
- Tiger Woods Gets His Tooth Fixed, Says "Even Breathing Hurt" After Camera Man Knocked It Out