Scruffy Jonah Hill Ready for His Brad Pitt Movie Makeover
By Bryan Alexander Posted Jun 16th 2010 07:00PM
While Pitt removed his now-famous beard just in time to play a clean-cut baseball executive in 'Moneyball,' Hill will follow suit with his recurring scruff to play an equally clean-cut exec.
"I gotta shave," Hill said at the press day for his new movie 'Cyrus.' He still has the look of a guy traveling around the world to promote his other film, 'Get Him to the Greek.'
"Both the shave and the haircut are coming very soon. You're going to see a very prepped-out version of me," said Hill. "Brad Pitt and myself are the two leads [in 'Moneyball']."
Hill will play Paul De Podesta, the assistant to general manager Billy Beane (played by Pitt) of Oakland Athletics.
Even though the part requires some trimming, Hill couldn't be drawn into answering questions about his soon-to-be fictional boss's facial hair. "Come on, I have to rehearse with the guy tomorrow," he said of Pitt. "I don't want him to wonder why I've been answering questions about what beard length he prefers."
Hill is not planning to meet De Podesta before the shoot. "I don't want to do a physical impression of him," he said. "We don't look alike."
"I just want to capture his spirit and what he was about at that time."
But the die-hard Dodgers and Lakers fan says he is taking other steps to prepare for the role of the statistic-obsessed A's brainiac. "I'm getting a statistics tutor and really taking that seriously," he said.
He also gave credit to his serious turn in 'Cyrus,' which opens Friday, for opening the door to juicy serious parts. "[Director] Bennett Miller saw me in this and then cast me in 'Moneyball,'" said Hill. "It has done more than I could imagine in that regard."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart head off stage together after the recording of The Jimmy Kimmel show in Los Angeles.
PopScene: Weeks Hot Pics
- Filed under:
- Celebrity Style -
- Good News -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Music News -
- Exclusives -
- Brad Pitt
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Video resurfaces of Jared Fogle commenting on 'To Catch a Predator'
- Johnny Depp shines in gritty gangster tale 'Black Mass'
- Luke Bryan takes offense to bro-country label
- Sun's Out, Buns Out! Can You Guess the Star?
- Avril Lavigne's Husband Spotted with Mystery Woman Prior to Split Announcement
- Sneak Peek! Gwen Stefani Is Back on 'The Voice'
- Melissa Rivers Remembers Mom Joan on the Anniversary of Her Death: "It's Been Difficult"
- Elizabeth Banks Gets Her Heel Caught in Her Dress on the Red Carpet, Recovers Like a Pro: Funny Pics!
- Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner Spotted Smiling Together After Split, Nanny Drama: Photos