Gosselin Kids Earn More Than Jon on 'Plus Eight'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 16th 2010 02:22AM
Kate's Kids Bringing Home the Bacon
Kate Gosselin's new TV show, 'Kate Plus Eight,' is another huge hit for TLC, and for their participation, mother and children stand to earn over $700,000. Though Jon is no longer part of the show, he is still under contract with TLC, earning just over $70,000 to disappear.
"The reason you don't see Jon looking for a job or doing embarrassing interviews is that he is still on the TLC payroll," a TV insider tells me. "Jon is basically getting paid to keep his mouth shut and go away. Although it must sting him to know his kids are earning more money than he is."
How much more, you ask? My sources tell me that of the $700K that Kate and the tots bring home, $200,000 of that is pay given directly to the kids, while mama bear brings in $500,000 for the 'Kate Plus Eight' tapings. Add that to the $500K she took in for five weeks of work on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and 2010 is turning out to be quite lucrative for the octomom.
Kate, has always said every dollar the kids earn is put away so that they have the money when they are older. Good, because eight sets of college tuition is expensive!
'Idol' Tour Moving to Smaller Venues
You know there is trouble in 'Idol'-land when host Ryan Seacrest is having to resort to Twitter to try selling unwanted tickets to the upcoming Idol tour.
Ryan tweeted, "If u were thinking about getting tix to the @americanidol live tour, do it now – ALL TIX are $200 for the next 24 hrs!" Yikes. Sources tell me ticket sales are so poor in certain locations that there is talk about moving the concerts from huge arenas to smaller theaters that hold less than 2,000 people.
Thank goodness Ryan has more than 3,201,054 Twitter followers, because if he can't sell the tickets, I'm pretty sure this season's winners can't.
Justin Bieber Is Famous, But Still Can't Drink
Where isn't Justin Bieber a VIP? Anywhere you can drink alcohol! On June 5, he was at the Showcase Cinema de Lux in Foxboro, Mass., to watch 'Get Him to the Greek,' when he attempted to climb the barricade into the premium Lux Level seating. The reason for Justin's sneaking? "That section is 21-plus only," a spy tells Life & Style magazine. "Justin was caught and turned away by the manager, who told the singer he had to be 21 to sit there." Justin's defense? "He said to the manager, 'Chuck E. Cheese sells alcohol, and I have no problem getting in there!'" says the eyewitness. But don't worry, Biebs, you're not banned for life. "We'll be happy to invite Mr. Bieber back to enjoy our premium seating when he's of legal age," said company rep.
Kudos to the Showcase Cinema de Lux! We don't want to see Mr. Bieber wind up like so many of today's stars ... troubled and derailed before they're 21!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- American Idol -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Justin Bieber
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kendra Wilkinson Meets With Lawyers, Goes Behind Hank Baskett's Back in New Kendra on Top Preview
- Robert Pattinson Drives New Girlfriend FKA Twigs Around Hollywood
- Jenny McCarthy Victim of Nude Photo Leak, Taken Before Donnie Wahlberg Relationship: Report
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev kicked out of sorority for hazing
- 'DWTS' recap: Michael Waltrip gets a flat; Sadie Robertson does ... country jazz?
- Juliette Lewis insists Tom Cruise is victim of anti-Scientology conspiracy
- Ryan Hansen Perfectly Teases Play It Again, Dick's Next Episode: "Jason Dohring Shirtless, Chris Lowell Pantsless"
- Miss America Kira Kazantsev Responds to Sorority Hazing Allegations, Reveals Real Reason for her "Termination"
- Bethany Mota's Message for Taylor Swift, Lea Thompson's Wardrobe Malfunction and More DWTS Scoop