Gosselin Kids Earn More Than Jon on 'Plus Eight'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 16th 2010 02:22AM
Kate's Kids Bringing Home the Bacon
Kate Gosselin's new TV show, 'Kate Plus Eight,' is another huge hit for TLC, and for their participation, mother and children stand to earn over $700,000. Though Jon is no longer part of the show, he is still under contract with TLC, earning just over $70,000 to disappear.
"The reason you don't see Jon looking for a job or doing embarrassing interviews is that he is still on the TLC payroll," a TV insider tells me. "Jon is basically getting paid to keep his mouth shut and go away. Although it must sting him to know his kids are earning more money than he is."
How much more, you ask? My sources tell me that of the $700K that Kate and the tots bring home, $200,000 of that is pay given directly to the kids, while mama bear brings in $500,000 for the 'Kate Plus Eight' tapings. Add that to the $500K she took in for five weeks of work on 'Dancing With the Stars,' and 2010 is turning out to be quite lucrative for the octomom.
Kate, has always said every dollar the kids earn is put away so that they have the money when they are older. Good, because eight sets of college tuition is expensive!
'Idol' Tour Moving to Smaller Venues
You know there is trouble in 'Idol'-land when host Ryan Seacrest is having to resort to Twitter to try selling unwanted tickets to the upcoming Idol tour.
Ryan tweeted, "If u were thinking about getting tix to the @americanidol live tour, do it now – ALL TIX are $200 for the next 24 hrs!" Yikes. Sources tell me ticket sales are so poor in certain locations that there is talk about moving the concerts from huge arenas to smaller theaters that hold less than 2,000 people.
Thank goodness Ryan has more than 3,201,054 Twitter followers, because if he can't sell the tickets, I'm pretty sure this season's winners can't.
Justin Bieber Is Famous, But Still Can't Drink
Where isn't Justin Bieber a VIP? Anywhere you can drink alcohol! On June 5, he was at the Showcase Cinema de Lux in Foxboro, Mass., to watch 'Get Him to the Greek,' when he attempted to climb the barricade into the premium Lux Level seating. The reason for Justin's sneaking? "That section is 21-plus only," a spy tells Life & Style magazine. "Justin was caught and turned away by the manager, who told the singer he had to be 21 to sit there." Justin's defense? "He said to the manager, 'Chuck E. Cheese sells alcohol, and I have no problem getting in there!'" says the eyewitness. But don't worry, Biebs, you're not banned for life. "We'll be happy to invite Mr. Bieber back to enjoy our premium seating when he's of legal age," said company rep.
Kudos to the Showcase Cinema de Lux! We don't want to see Mr. Bieber wind up like so many of today's stars ... troubled and derailed before they're 21!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- American Idol -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter -
- Justin Bieber
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Beyonce Shares Stunning Pictures of Blue Ivy, Jay Z in Beautiful Parisian Church
- Courteney Cox Talks First Friends Episode, Was "Bummed" Rachel's Hair Stole Her Thunder
- Zelda Williams Returns to Twitter to Thank Fans for Letters, Retweets Awesome Robin Williams Photo
- Tim McGraw's Alleged Slapping Victim Jesslyn Taylor Opens Up For The First Time About Violent Hit To The Head: ?It Was Hard!’
- Bad Romance? Lady Gaga Claims She Signed First Record Deal With Ex-Boyfriend Rob Fusari Because He Threatened Her, Shocking Court Docs Reveal
- Hypocrite? Shooting Victim & Gun Control Advocate Gabrielle Gifford's Secret Arsenal Exposed In New Tell-All
- Tim McGraw: My wild night with Kid Rock
- R&B star Chris Brown: It's time for me to grow up
- 'The Big Bang Theory' season premiere recap: Sheldon returns
- Unreleased Britney Spears Demos Leak on the Internet: Listen to the Songs That Didn't Make It to Britney Jean
- Kanye West Makes Surprise Appearance at LA Trade Technical College to Inspire Students—Take a Look!
- Gotham Premiere: Meet the Future Villains from the New Fox Drama