Emmy Buzz Is Heating Up for Zach Gilford
By Mike Hess Posted Jun 16th 2010 03:49PM
One week ago today, PopEater kicked off our official 'Nominate Zach Gilford for an Emmy' campaign after his epic 'Friday Night Lights' performance in 'The Son.' Countless media outlets (including EW, Parade, Sports Illustrated and others) as well as celebrities (Diablo Cody, Elizabeth Banks) echoed our sentiments, and thousands of 'FNL' fans have signed up to draw attention to Zach's masterful portrayal. Now, Variety has tapped Zach as one to watch as the Emmys approach (he'd be eligible for Outstanding Guest Actor), saying: "The emotion etched into Matt Saracen's face, conveying the repressed anger he holds for his dad, reminded us why Gilford was so brilliant on the first three seasons of the show." We couldn't agree more, and hope to only further Zach's chances of a nomination with our campaign. If you haven't yet, join our Facebook push, and to see the brilliant performance that started it all, check out Gilford in 'The Son' after the jump ... and get the tissues ready.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- The Prancing Elites Ask Beyonce for Diet Advice (Via Internet Video): Watch
- Bristol Palin Breaks Silence on Calling Off Wedding: "Painful Time"
- Kim Kardashian, Kanye West Exploring Surrogacy Amid Ongoing Fertility Problems
- 'Saved by the Bell' actor Dustin Diamond heads to trial in bar stabbing
- Bristol Palin breaks silence over canceled wedding: 'This is a painful time'
- Hawaiian 'Aloha' movie foes are 'perpetually aggrieved' 'delicate flowers,' critics say
- Little Mix Shades Britney Spears: "We Knew We Could Do Better" Than a Song Like "Pretty Girls"
- How Miley Cyrus Helped Get Grace and Frankie, Your New Favorite Netflix Show, Renewed
- Bristol Palin Says Calling Off Her Wedding to Dakota Meyer Was "Painful," Hopes to "Rebuild" Her Life in Alaska