Jillian Michaels: Being Fat as a Teen Was 'Pure Hell'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 17th 2010 12:24PM
It's hard to believe that Jillian Michaels, the trainer on 'Biggest Loser' and star of 'Losing It With Jillian' was ever overweight.
But Michaels has been open with her struggles as a kid, and talks to Redbook about her problems.
Of being 175 pounds when she was a teen, she says, "Oh, my God, it was pure hell. I spent all of eighth grade in my classroom because God forbid I ever left. I was terrorized. And karate saved my life. It all stopped the day I broke two boards with a kick." Read more about Jillian, her childhood and what she thinks the biggest misconception about her is >>>
Biggest misconception that people have about her: "That I'm a bitch. I really don't have a mean bone in my body! Do you know how easy it would be to tell people what they want to hear? It would be heaven! But, unfortunately, it doesn't get the job done."
She was in therapy at the age of 5: "I was a really disturbed kid. You know how kids have night terrors? Mine were really bad. I thought sharks were coming out of the drain in the bathtub. I couldn't sleep at night, every night, waiting for aliens to come. I'm not kidding you: I. Was. Traumatized. And mom got me into therapy."
Her troubles continued as a teen: "My parents got divorced when I was 12. They were married for 18 years. They were kind of midlife-crisis-ing, and I was sort of the afterthought. I became pretty angry -- no one wanted to deal with me -- so when I was 17, my mom was like, 'You're not living here.' We were fighting. But I learned a lot being on my own. I grew up. I had to make money. I learned how to make decisions that are right for me."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
The boys of 'Entourage' attend the Season 7 Premiere in Hollywood.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kids' Choice Awards 2015: Watch a Supercut of Stars Getting Slimed!
- Katie Holmes, Suri Cruise Live It Up at the 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Pics!
- Nick Jonas Gets Drenched in Slime at 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Watch the Video!
- Raven-Symone's confusion: 'I'm from every continent in Africa'
- Leonard Nimoy's son planning documentary about his father
- World receives its first glimpse of 'Spectre,' new James Bond movie
- Angelina Jolie Delivers Inspiring Kids' Choice Awards Speech: "Smile and Hold Your Head Up High"
- Destiny's Child Reunites at the Stellar Gospel Music Awards for Their First Performance Since the Super Bowl
- 2015 Kids' Choice Awards: Nick Jonas Pokes Fun at One Direction, Angelina Jolie Inspires and More Big Moments