Jillian Michaels: Being Fat as a Teen Was 'Pure Hell'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 17th 2010 12:24PM
It's hard to believe that Jillian Michaels, the trainer on 'Biggest Loser' and star of 'Losing It With Jillian' was ever overweight.
But Michaels has been open with her struggles as a kid, and talks to Redbook about her problems.
Of being 175 pounds when she was a teen, she says, "Oh, my God, it was pure hell. I spent all of eighth grade in my classroom because God forbid I ever left. I was terrorized. And karate saved my life. It all stopped the day I broke two boards with a kick." Read more about Jillian, her childhood and what she thinks the biggest misconception about her is >>>
Biggest misconception that people have about her: "That I'm a bitch. I really don't have a mean bone in my body! Do you know how easy it would be to tell people what they want to hear? It would be heaven! But, unfortunately, it doesn't get the job done."
She was in therapy at the age of 5: "I was a really disturbed kid. You know how kids have night terrors? Mine were really bad. I thought sharks were coming out of the drain in the bathtub. I couldn't sleep at night, every night, waiting for aliens to come. I'm not kidding you: I. Was. Traumatized. And mom got me into therapy."
Her troubles continued as a teen: "My parents got divorced when I was 12. They were married for 18 years. They were kind of midlife-crisis-ing, and I was sort of the afterthought. I became pretty angry -- no one wanted to deal with me -- so when I was 17, my mom was like, 'You're not living here.' We were fighting. But I learned a lot being on my own. I grew up. I had to make money. I learned how to make decisions that are right for me."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
The boys of 'Entourage' attend the Season 7 Premiere in Hollywood.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Amanda Bynes Wears Blonde Wig in First Mugshot, Mariah Carey Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction: Top 5 Stories
- Elisabeth Moss Slams Jeremy Piven as "Highly Unprofessional"
- Ken Jeong Talks Hangover's Nude Scenes and Playing With the Asian Stereotype
- LeAnn Rimes New ‘Just A Girl Like You Video’— Watch It Here!
- Jodi Arias Jury Foreman Speaks Out —‘This Girl Was Crucified In The Court Of Public Opinion’
- Amanda Bynes free after arrest for tossing bong out of apartment window, police say
- Morgan Freeman seems to fall asleep during on-air interview
- Jennifer Aniston is a stripper in new movie role, who is your favorite good girl gone bad?