Talking Father's Day and Dirty Diapers With Big Boi
By Mike Hess Posted Jun 18th 2010 01:21PM
Sir Lucious Leftfoot ... The Sun of Chico Dusty' and his tremendous new single 'Shutterbugg' check out our interview with Big Boi and learn how his son automatically knew that 'Bombs Over Baghdad' was pretty much the greatest song ever written (seriously) right off the bat.
Video production by Micah Stansell
On how being a dad affects his music: "Being a father has definitely played a big part in my music, especially when my kids started getting a little older, because they have a knack for music. They help me pick songs ... I can tell you this, when we did 'Bombs Over Baghdad,' my little boy went crazy and started breakdancing. I called Dre and say, 'Boy, we got to put this out. This is the one.' And it was."
'B.O.B./Bombs Over Baghdad'
On rewarding his kids: "I reward them by letting them come jam with me in the studio. If they get the good grades, then they can come hang out with daddy."
His plans for Father's Day: "Usually on Father's Day, my mother cooks for everybody ... I think that's what it's all about. "
On his culinary prowess: "I've been leaning a lot towards seafood. I haven't eaten any beef or pork in 15 years ... but it's kind of hard to lean towards seafood when you've got a big oil spill out there, so you don't know what's going to happen."
His proudest parenting moment: "The days when they come home and bring home straight A's on their report card. It feels good to be able to provide a great school for them to attend to get their education ... we can't be out here with no dummies."
On diaper duties: "Well, I'm hands on with it ... the wet ones, I'll knock them out all day. Nothing but a little baby wipe, throw some baby powder on them. Done. The dirty, dirty diapers ... I let my pie do that. She's better at that than me. And when I say pie, I mean my yam, my sweet potato, the missus."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Megan Fox looks fantastic at the Los Angeles Screening of "Jonah Hex" on June 17th.
Eric Charbonneau, WIreImage
Eric Charbonneau, WIreImage
PopScene: Weeks Hot Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'The Bachelorette' recap: Andi says 'Yes!' in dramatic season finale
- Celebs who don't dress their age
- Kiefer Sutherland's rep responds to Freddie Prinze Jr.'s complaints about actor
- ?The Bachelorette' season finale: And the ?winner' is?
- ?The Hobbit' Comic-Con panel is now online: The top 5 highlights
- I'm Still Not Over? House and Cuddy's terrible relationship
- Nina Dobrev Spotted with Three Hunks at Comic-Con? Is She Dating Any of Them?
- Video Highlights from Comic-Con 2014: ?Expendables 3,' ?Let's Be Cops,' and Daniel Radcliffe!
- Comic-Con 2014: Michael Douglas & Paul Rudd Talk ?Ant-Man' Costume