Justin Bieber and Drake Dream of Duets with Beyonce, Sade
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 21st 2010 10:00AM
The screaming mass of teenage fan-girls lined up for the MuchMusic Video Awards' red carpet got a double dose of dreamboat Sunday night when homegrown hotties Justin Bieber and Drake spilled out of a limo onto Toronto's transformed Queen Street in a show of superstar solidarity.
Justin called out the duo's Canadian roots -- Bieber is from Stratford, Ontario, and Drake hails from Toronto -- and said, "Being from Canada, we both have to rep our hometowns." The crowd went wild as soon as they spotted the Biebs and Drizzy, and it was clear the two were the night's most anticipated arrivals. Earlier in the day, a last-minute Bieber rehearsal on the MMVA stage sent hearts and Twitter accounts aflutter. Read about their dream duets after the jump!
Although the two have reached A-list status and have collaborated with the likes of Ludacris, Lil Wayne and Kanye West, they still have a few dream collaborations they'd like to arrange.
"I'd love to collaborate with Beyonce," Bieber responded when asked who his dream female duet partner would be. This comes as no surprise, since the pop phenom has spoken before of his crush on Sasha Fierce.
As for Drake, he favors another soulful, sultry beauty with a completely different vibe than Beyonce. "I'll take Sade," he said when asked about his ideal duet.
So ladies, if you're available and interested (musically, that is) -- there are two young MMVA winners who've set their sights on you.
The singers gave each other plenty of props in an on-the-spot interview with a MuchMusic host, with Bieber saying Drake is like his "big brother," and Drake in return calling Bieber "one of the greatest talents that Canada has ever seen -- that the world has ever seen."
True to his promise that the duo were there to represent, Bieber went on from the red carpet to nab some of the night's most coveted awards - his 'Baby' video featuring Ludacris won the UR Fave Video and UR Fave New Artist, as well as International Video of the Year by a Canadian.
Drake also had a strong night, scoring the MuchVIBE Hip-Hop Video of the Year and Cinematography of the Year for 'Successful,' his collab with Trey Songz. The song's title says it all.
2010 MuchMusic Video Awards
TORONTO, ON - JUNE 20: Miley Cyrus performs at the 2010 MuchMusic Video Awards on June 20, 2010 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by Jag Gundu/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Miley Cyrus
Getty Images North America
2010 MuchMusic Video Awards
MORE ABOUT Justin Bieber
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Justin Bieber Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Robin Thicke reportedly dating 19-year-old model
- Model turned MMA fighter Paige VanZant never saw career coming
- 'Star Wars' trailer in nine theaters this weekend
- ?The Hunger Games' star Willow Shields, Michael Fassbender, and James McAvoy walk into an elevator and?
- Rio de Janeiro unveils weird new Olympic and Paralympic mascots
- Michelle Obama, Mario Lopez and Others Give One Veteran the Ultimate Thanksgiving Reward!
- Did Kourtney Kardashian and Scott Disick Breakup While He Was in Rehab?
- Adam Levine, Behati Prinsloo Passionately Kiss at an L.A. Lakers Basketball Game For Kiss Cam: Pictures!
- Odell Beckham Jr.'s "Unbelievable" One-Handed Catch Breaks the Internet: Watch the Video, See Celebrities React, Memes, and More
- Sofia Vergara and Us Weekly Challenge Fans to Recreate Fragrance Clip