Michael Jackson's Kids Coping Without Dad
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 21st 2010 08:59AM
"Even before Michael died, the children spent most of their time with their grandmother, Katherine," a Jackson insider tells me.
"Katherine's house was the only time they ever got any normality in their lives. With bedtime rules, regular school tutors and being taught to say 'please' and 'thank you.' In contrast, when the children were with Michael, they could stay up as late as they wanted, regularly skipped school and were forced to wear those silly masks to protect their identity. Finally, a year after his death, his children are thriving in a safe environment with lots of rules."
There is no doubt that all three children miss their daddy -- especially his daughter Paris, who Katherine Jackson says has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her father and made him a Father's Day card. The children will now be going to a regular school this September for the first time in their lives and will learn how to play with other kids.
Having the King of Pop as your father couldn't have been easy, especially for three young children who, like all kids, need boundaries as well as love ... even if your dad is the biggest superstar in the world.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Let's revisit Larry King's 2 a.m. Twitter rampage
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of ?Walking Dead'?
- The lyrics of ?It's the Hard-Knock Life,' according to this ridiculous ?Annie' emoji video
- ?Fury' Star Shia LaBeouf ?Found God? in a Very Real Way'
- David Letterman's Ex-Cue Card Man Says ?Dave Is the Best Boss in the World'
- Monica Lewinsky Contemplated Suicide, Was Very Nearly ?Humiliated to Death'
- Bryan Cranston Responds to Florida Mom's Petition Against Breaking Bad Dolls, Jokes He's Going to Burn His "Florida Mom Action Figure"
- Dakota Johnson, Mom Melanie Griffith Look Like Twins, Have Adorable Mother-Daughter Moment -- See the Picture
- Jada Pinkett Smith Brought a Shirtless Man on a Leash to Her Gotham Audition