Michael Jackson's Kids Coping Without Dad
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 21st 2010 08:59AM
"Even before Michael died, the children spent most of their time with their grandmother, Katherine," a Jackson insider tells me.
"Katherine's house was the only time they ever got any normality in their lives. With bedtime rules, regular school tutors and being taught to say 'please' and 'thank you.' In contrast, when the children were with Michael, they could stay up as late as they wanted, regularly skipped school and were forced to wear those silly masks to protect their identity. Finally, a year after his death, his children are thriving in a safe environment with lots of rules."
There is no doubt that all three children miss their daddy -- especially his daughter Paris, who Katherine Jackson says has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her father and made him a Father's Day card. The children will now be going to a regular school this September for the first time in their lives and will learn how to play with other kids.
Having the King of Pop as your father couldn't have been easy, especially for three young children who, like all kids, need boundaries as well as love ... even if your dad is the biggest superstar in the world.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Authorities review video of Suge Knight incident
- Whitney Houston's daughter, Bobbi Kristina Brown, found unresponsive in tub
- Celebs and sports stars converge for pre-Super Bowl party
- Val Kilmer Responds to Health Scare, Denies Tumor Operation
- Bobbi Kristina Hospitalized After Being Found Unresponsive in a Bathtub
- Rumor Bust! Lindsay Lohan Does NOT Want to Become a Witch
- Justin Timberlake Kisses Pregnant Jessica Biel's Bare Baby Bump on 34th Birthday: Instagram Photo
- Taylor Swift Wishes Justin Timberlake Happy Birthday, Posts Throwback Photo With Beyonce, Jay Z
- Rihanna, Kanye West, Paul McCartney to Perform at Super Bowl DirectTV Bash