Michael Jackson's Kids Coping Without Dad
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 21st 2010 08:59AM
"Even before Michael died, the children spent most of their time with their grandmother, Katherine," a Jackson insider tells me.
"Katherine's house was the only time they ever got any normality in their lives. With bedtime rules, regular school tutors and being taught to say 'please' and 'thank you.' In contrast, when the children were with Michael, they could stay up as late as they wanted, regularly skipped school and were forced to wear those silly masks to protect their identity. Finally, a year after his death, his children are thriving in a safe environment with lots of rules."
There is no doubt that all three children miss their daddy -- especially his daughter Paris, who Katherine Jackson says has turned her bedroom into a shrine to her father and made him a Father's Day card. The children will now be going to a regular school this September for the first time in their lives and will learn how to play with other kids.
Having the King of Pop as your father couldn't have been easy, especially for three young children who, like all kids, need boundaries as well as love ... even if your dad is the biggest superstar in the world.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Justin Bieber promotes his album at Tower Records Shinjuku on May 18th in Tokyo, Japan.
Jun Sato, WireImage
Jun Sato, WireImage
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Daniel Radcliffe talks losing his virginity: I had a 'really good first time'
- Jennie Garth warns the newly famous: 'Don't believe the hype'
- Fifi Geldof posts angry rant following Peaches' autopsy results, report says
- Jennifer Lopez Celebrates 45th Birthday With Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Khloe Kardashian, Kelly Ripa: Details From Inside the Party
- Jason Statham Dives in Throwback Video at Age 20: Watch 1990 Footage, See GIF
- LeAnn Rimes: Eddie Cibrian's Sons Mason and Jake Asked About Our Affair