Why Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy Really Split
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 21st 2010 04:24PM
Over the weekend, the News of the World reported that the two -- who have dated on-and-off over the course of the last six years -- were no longer an item and that Davy had plans to move to South Africa to start her career. However, my sources tell me that Harry's desire to stay a bachelor for many more years was the real spark plug.
"Chelsy knew he wasn't going to propose and wasn't willing to wait anymore. She put her life on hold for him and now wants to start fresh -- outside Britain," a well-placed source in London tells me.
So why was Harry keeping her waiting so long?
"Chelsy loves Harry but understands she will never be a princess. Harry would never propose before his brother and future king."
The brother and future king my source is speaking of is, of course, Prince William. The elder prince, who turned 28 today, has long been rumored to be on the brink of engagement with his longtime girlfriend, Kate Middleton. However, much like Harry, no ring has been given and time is not a priority.
Aside from Harry simply not being ready to be a married man, my source hints that Chelsy's party girl reputation may also have something to do with the decision to split.
Harry is reportedly "worried about how Chelsy would handle being married to the second in line to the throne."
The same worries apply to Harry as well. "The royal family are happy about the split. They want William to get married first and think Harry has a lot of growing up to do," my source says.
Harry has found himself in numerous scandals over recent years -- his most famous being when he wore a Nazi outfit, complete with swastika -- to a costume party. The photos later appeared on the front page of The Sun for the world to see.
Single or not, one thing is for sure, according to my source: "Harry is now the most eligible bachelor in the world. Every single girl in the UK is happy again."
Prince Harry and Chelsy Pics
Chelsy Davy and Prince Harry are seen here on May 7, 2010 at a ceremony where Harry received his wings as a graduate from the Operational Training Phase of the Army Air Corps pilots' course.
Prince Harry and Chelsy Davy Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Alanis Morissette said fame caused her to have PTSD
- Liza Minnelli recovering after surgery
- 'Fight Church:' Does modern Christianity feminize guys?
- Lauren Conrad, William Tell Look Perfect In First Wedding Photo; Avril Lavigne, Chad Kroeger Headed For a Split
- Joe Manganiello Is Ridiculously Buff -- See His Impressive Gym Picture!
- Gerard Depardieu Says He Drinks Up To 14 Bottles of Wine a Day!
- Inside Jenelle Evans’ Major Delivery Room Drama
- Kim Zolciak Shows Off The Results Of Her Boob Job And Tummy Tuck
- Oscar-Worthy Actresses! Rosie O'Donnell And Whoopi Goldberg Given ?Lecture’ To Act Like ?Best Friends' On ?The View' PLUS Another Whoopi Slip Of The Tongue ?Pisses Off' ABC Execs