Why So Serious, James Gandolfini?
By Maggie Coughlan Posted Jun 23rd 2010 03:31PM
Like many celebrities, James Gandolfini is no fan of paparazzi. Be it scowling, flipping the bird or shooting death stares at the nearest camera, Gandolfini gets his message across -- no pictures, please. Yesterday, the Emmy-winning actor was spotted meeting friends for lunch in New York City, and as seen above, he greeted nearby photographers with that signature Gandolfini hospitality. Grimacing or not, PopEater still adores the grumpy actor, so we've compiled a roundup of his greatest glares ... see the many faces of James Gandolfini after the jump!
Photographing Gandolfini in his natural habitat (the urban jungle known as New York City) is no easy task. One brave paparazzi managed to capture the elusive actor while he was walking his dog in January. Gandolfini looks less than pleased, but he keeps walking (without giving the middle finger) as his dog hunts for a spot to do his business.
Like most parents, Gandolfini spent last Halloween trick-or-treating with his son, Michael. Unlike most parents, it appears his signature gaze has the power to cut right through a Homer Simpson mask, making it easier for photographers in NYC's West Village to spot the 'Sopranos' star.
Unlike pets or children, a scowl is something you can carry with you wherever you go ... even to Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, New Jersey! By the looks of this snapshot, watching the New York Jets take on the Buffalo Bills last October was something Gandolfini took very, very seriously.
Call him what you want -- actor, open mouth chewer, paparazzi-hater -- this photograph screams "multi-tasker." While on the set of 'The Sopranos' in 2007, Gandolfini managed to offend paparazzi (and probably most anyone with eyes in his vicinity) without the use of a grimace or his middle finger. Hey, we all have to start somewhere.
- Filed under:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Miscarriage: Actress Reveals Lost Pregnancy on OWN Show
- Game of Thrones: Cersei, Jamie's Insane, Taboo Sex Scene Ever on "Breaker of Chains" Episode
- Tila Tequila Is Pregnant, Kim Kardashian Wears Pink Jumpsuit: Top Weekend Stories
- Secret Behind The ?RHOA’ Reunion Fight Finally Revealed! Kenya Moore Accused Porsha Williams Of Cheating On Her Husband Kordell Stewart
- Yeahhhh Jetes! Model girlfriend Hannah Davis says she's the stay-at-home type
- Billy Bob Thornton says there is a 'prejudice against the South' in Hollywood
- Nudity riders: How much skin an actor shows spelled out beforehand
- Miss America Nina Davuluri Defends Patrick Farves After He Gets Suspended for Asking Her to Prom
- Spoiler Chat: Scoop on Pretty Little Liars, Mad Men, Castle, Sleepy Hollow and More!
- Olivia Palermo Poses for Brides Magazine, Talks Wedding Style and Sweet Romance—See the Dreamy Pics!