Miley Cyrus Says Sexy New Album Empowers Females
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 24th 2010 07:27AM
There's been plenty of hubbub about whether 17-year-old Miley Cyrus is going overboard on the sexuality in the lead-up to her new album, 'Can't Be Tamed,' but the singer says it's all about freedom and empowerment.
"My daughter introduced me to your music a few years ago," Sway Calloway tells Cyrus in an MTV News interview. "What I liked about it was you had a lot of empowerment themes."
Miley's response? "It's just about freeing yourself from anything you think is holding you back. And I think that's really important, especially for girls, because so many people are told, 'No, you can't do something,' or, 'You need to be this because mom and dad say that, teachers say this.'"
She said her new cuts 'Liberty Walk' and 'Can't Be Tamed' showcase these themes best. "I wrote ['Liberty Walk'] for women that feel like they're stuck in abusive relationships, but it's a dance song," she says. "So you think that must be kind of a sad ballad, but it's a party song. ... It's about breaking free."
Miley, only 17 but certainly experienced in showbiz, also offered advice to young people. "Really think about what you want to do for the rest of your life," she said. "There's a short amount of time, when you think about it, and no day needs to go by wasted."
Miley Cyrus Pics
Miley Cyrus performs during the MTV Live Stream concert held at the House of Blues on June 21, 2010 in Los Angeles. More Miley photos >>
Getty Images North America
MORE ABOUT Miley Cyrus
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Miley Cyrus Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' tops Labor Day, summer box office
- FBI, Apple begin inquiries into nude celebrity photo leaks
- Carrie Underwood announces she is pregnant with her first child
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by ?The Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story'
- Patrick Duffy talks Lynda Carter crush, reason he'd kill Gabe Kaplan
- 12 lessons we learned from 2014's summer movies
- Baby News! Carrie Underwood Is Pregnant
- Joan Rivers' Health Update: Being Brought Out of Coma, Family Has ?Fingers Crossed'
- Nude Photos of Jennifer Lawrence and Others Leaked in Massive Hack
- Angelina Jolie's Wedding Dress Featured Colorful Designs Drawn By Her and Brad Pitt's Kids -- See the First Pic!
- Carrie Underwood is Pregnant, Expecting First Child With Husband Mike Fisher!
- Melissa Rivers Releases New Statement on Mom Joan River's Condition; Jennifer Lawrence Nude Photos Leaked: Top Weekend Stories