Susan Sarandon to Film Ping-Pong Reality Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jun 28th 2010 03:47PM
"It won't be the 'Jersey Shore,'" Sarandon, 63, told PEOPLE during a World Champions Event at SPiN. "It's more of an episodic documentary. We're trying to invent something you haven't seen before that follows a bunch of people in this crazy little subculture."
Sarandon, who refers to herself as "the Johnny Appleseed of ping-pong," joins a growing tradition of oddly-themed celebrity TV shows (see: Mike Tyson's upcoming pigeon racing program).
"That's kind of the charm of it -- the randomness," she told Entertainment Weekly in April. "I mean, a ping-pong club? Who'd have thought it, right?"
Sarandon said there's a close community at SPiN and bets one of her eager young clientele will be an Olympian someday. She also told EW that celebrity players are common at her club. "Jamie Foxx, George Clooney, the guys in Arcade Fire. It seems like every time I'm here, someone challenges me to a game."
The actress isn't sure when the show will air, but has high hopes for the finished product. "We're just in the early filming stages now. I'm not sure where we're going to land in terms of our home because we want the tone of it to be funny and quite different than anything else that anybody's seen before."
Susan Sarandon Snapshots
Susan Sarandon attends a Haiti Disaster Relief Fundraiser in New York City on January 20, 2010. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Future Vents After Ciara Brings Baby Future to Russell Wilson's Training Camp
- Lenny Kravitz Accidentally Flashes Penis During Concert After Splitting His Leather Pants -- Yes, Like His Whole Penis
- Kelly Osbourne Sparks Outrage With Insensitive Comment About Latinos: "Who Is Going to Clean Your Toilets, Donald Trump?"
- Kim Kardashian's selfie book 'Selfish' didn't sell
- Kelly Osbourne's comments on 'The View' offend
- Designer Arnold Scaasi dies at 85
- Snooki Plumps Her Lips, Says Enhancing Her Pout Makes Her "Feel Better"—See the Pic!
- Jason Segel Ate ''2 Hot Pockets Every 3 Hours'' to Pack on 40 Pounds for New Movie: Watch Now
- Karlie Kloss Fronts Both Glamour & Flare's September Issues—Plus, See More September 2015 Covers!