Joran van der Sloot Eyeing TV Interview Payday
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 29th 2010 09:00AM
Joran van der Sloot TV Tell-All Worth $1 Million
Several TV insiders have told me that Dutch murder suspect Jordan van der Sloot has refused to give any TV interviews unless he gets paid. And the asking price? $1 million.
"It's amazing how this kid's mind works," one senior producer tells me. "He is on trial for murder and he is thinking about how he can make money selling interviews."
Van der Sloot is said to be thrilled with the amount of press attention he has received, telling Dutch newspaper De Telegraph, from his maximum-security cell in Miguel Castro prison, that he has even been receiving offers of marriage from female fans. Did the media attention he got from that print interview help him come up with that whopping $1 million price tag?
"It's a horrid thing to admit, but he could be right," one TV exec tells me. "An interview with him from behind bars would certainly get huge ratings. And when you think how much money the cast of 'Friends' got per half-hour episode, $1 million for van der Sloot could be considered a bargain."
The 22-year-old (possible serial killer?) is jailed while he awaits trial on charges of first-degree murder and robbery in the May 30 death of Stephany Flores in Peru. In addition, van der Sloot remains a person of interest in the 2005 disappearance of American student Natalee Holloway in Aruba.
I will not be watching any interview. Will you?
Harry Hamlin and Lisa Rinna Coming to Reality TV
The fantastic Lisa Rinna and that hunky husband of hers, Harry Hamlin, are getting ready to expose their lives to the cameras in the brand new, unscripted 'Harry Loves Lisa,' premiering on TV Land October 6.
Sources tell me a gaggle of cable nets were after the show, which follows the lives of the husband-and-wife duo along with their two darling daughters, Delilah Belle and Amelia Gray. In the end, it was the ever-reliable TV Land, the same channel that recently tempted Betty White and Valerie Bertinelli back to TV, that won over Harry and Lisa. You'll remember, the duo played a married couple a while back on 'Veronica Mars,' so they have some experience!
"You think you know who Harry and I are separately and as a couple?" Lisa asked me. "Well, this show will blow that out of the water. It is fun, crazy, inspiring, vulnerable and very real. We peel back the layers of the onion and really show you our life and how we stay together in the land of Hollywood."
Angelina and Brad, I hope you two tune in with the rest of us on October 6.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Stacy Keibler Gives Birth, Jessica Simpson's Killer Legs: Top 5 Friday Stories
- Christmas Jammies Family Makes Back-to-School "Baby Got Class" Parody: Watch Now!
- Chris Burke Reflects on Corky Character, Life Goes On, Down Syndrome on Upcoming Oprah: Where Are They Now? Episode
- Are You Ready For This? Sam Smith, Beyonce, Usher & Rita Ora Stun In VMA Rehearsals ? Sneak Peek Photo Special
- Outrage Over Woman Whose Dog Ate Marijuana ? PETA Calls It ‘A Stupid Thing’ To Do, Warns Of Potential Prosecution For Animal Abuse
- Man charged in biting attack at Chicago's Lollapalooza music festival that wounded 2 men
- '19 Kids and Counting' star Michelle Duggar on how she and husband Jim Bob keep the flame alive
- HBO exec defends violence, sex scenes in 'Game of Thrones'
- Kate Middleton Headed to Malta: All the Details on the Duchess of Cambridge's First Official Solo Trip
- Coldplay's "True Love" Video: Chris Martin Dances in a Sumo Suit, Meets a Stereotype-Busting Ballerina: Watch Here!
- Selena Gomez Skips Bra, Flashes Perky Cleavage in Sheer Maxidress After Waking Up With a Lovely Gospel Song on Her Lips