Looking Back on Top 'Rescue Me' Moments (VIDEO)
By Scott Harris Posted Jun 29th 2010 12:32AM
Yet some of you still might not understand what all the 'Rescue Me' hype is about. Well, don't worry -- that's what we're here for. In order to prepare you for the penultimate season of 'Rescue Me,' premiering tonight, we've put together a list of some of the most memorable moments in 'Rescue Me' history. Because it's time to stop talking about how cool the show is and start watching the proof.
• Eight Fingers of Whiskey. Perhaps no clip encapsulates the paradox of both Tommy as a character and 'Rescue Me' as a show than this soul-bearing monologue, which Tommy delivers to a pub full of skeptical bar patrons, when asked to prove his membership in the FDNY.
• Sensitivity Training. Any number of shows, perhaps most famously 'The Office,' have spun comedic gold from the universally dreaded "sensitivity training." But most of those shows are on network television. Here, the gang from 'Rescue Me' shows how it's done, cable-style.
• The Wheelchair. Picture it: You're on a fire call -- there's heavy damage to the building and residents are trapped several floors up. Only one problem: the guy you're sent to rescue can only get around in a giant, robotic wheelchair. What do you do? Here's a tip: don't stand around laughing at him because, apparently, that's not really going to help anything.
• The Conversation. What do fathers and sons really mean when they shoot the breeze about sports and television? Tommy and his dad give an insightful look at the subtext present within every bit of male bonding.
• The Game. When Tommy suspects that his ex-wife is considering moving away with her new boyfriend -- and taking their children with her -- he comes up with a simple plan to find the truth: bribe his kids into telling him all the secrets of her relationship. Note -- this useful bit of parenting advice is not considered standard by most trained professionals.
• The Perfect Date. In this classic clip, we learn Tommy's idea of the perfect date: his lady cooking him a big steak while wearing something skimpy, followed by some post-dinner acrobatics on the dining room table. And if you happen to be as forceful and charismatic as Denis Leary, well, you might get away with this. But we really don't recommend trying it for your next date night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!