Jacob v. Edward? Elena Kagan Refuses to Answer
By Marc Schneider Posted Jun 30th 2010 02:45PM
Yes, 'Twilight' fever has even found its way to the Supreme Court confirmation hearings, courtesy of Sen. Amy Klobuchar, Democrat of Minnesota. After acknowledging Kagan's "grueling day" of interrogation the day before, Klobuchar surmised, "I guess it means you missed the midnight debut of the third 'Twilight' movie last night."
"I didn't see it," Kagan responded, referring to the just-released 'Eclipse.' At that, Klobuchar mused that she was hoping to ask "about the famous case of Edward versus Jacob or the vampire versus the werewolf."
Sensing a trap, Kagan shot back, "I wish you wouldn't."
"I know you can't comment on future cases," Ms. Klobuchar said. "So I'll leave that alone."
Tuesday's hearing was also stacked with comedy, with Kagan knockin' 'em dead as if she were on 'Last Comic Standing.' The highlight was this exchange with Sen. Lindsay Graham, Republican of South Carolina:
For actual news on Kagan, head on over to AOL News.GRAHAM: Now, as we move forward and deal with law of war issues, Christmas Day bomber, where were you at on Christmas Day?
KAGAN: Senator Graham, that is an undecided legal issue, which -- the -- well, I suppose I should ask exactly what you mean by that. I'm assuming that the question you mean is whether a person who is apprehended in the United States is...
GRAHAM: No, I just asked you where you were at on Christmas.
KAGAN: You know, like all Jews, I was probably at a Chinese restaurant.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- Katniss Everdeen Immortalized in Wax at Madame Tussauds London
- 'The Affair' Creator on the Finale's Big Reveal
- Watch George Clooney's Lord Hollywood Kiss the 'Downton Abbey' Ladies
- Now that the ?Report' has ended, reacquaint yourself with the real Colbert
- Mike Myers brought back Dr. Evil on ?Saturday Night Live'
- Box Office: 'The Hobbit' Goes Out With a 5-Day $90M Bang
- Neil Patrick Harris Meets the Freaks in New 'AHS: Freak Show' (VIDEO)
- Kate Winslet is No Shrinking Violet in 'A Little Chaos' (VIDEO)