Jill Zarin Is Not Leaving 'Housewives of New York'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 30th 2010 04:06PM
reports claiming otherwise. On Tuesday evening, Cooper Lawrence, host of the nationally syndicated 'Cooper Lawrence Radio Show,' asked Zarin on air if she was leaving the reality TV show, but apparently her quote was taken out of context. While she admits "there are compelling reasons to come back and not to come back," she isn't on her way out just yet. However, sources tell me that Bravo hasn't yet invited any of the regular cast members back.
Zarin admits last season was difficult on her because the producers focused solely on the drama around her friendship with castmate Bethenny Frankel. Zarin claims over 90 percent of the footage she taped was quite fun, but it all landed on the cutting room floor. None of the 'Housewives' have any control over how the show is edited.
"They research and hold focus groups before deciding who not to ask back. They are looking for characters that push people's buttons. Hate is more powerful than love on TV. It's the cast members that the focus groups don't care about that are likely to get the ax," a source close to the show tells PopEater.
If that's the case, Zarin will likely be invited back for another season because she is definitely not boring. Let's hope she says yes.
Jill Zarin Snapshots
Jill Zarin attends the Samsung Hope For Children gala at Cipriani's Wall Street on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Dancing With the Stars Recap, Season 19, Week 6: Pitbull Guest Judges, Janel and Val Tease "Feelings"
- Oscar de la Renta, Fashion Icon, Dead at 82
- Kerry Washington Admits Scandal Sex Scenes With Tony Goldwyn Are "Always Awkward"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82, report says
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Taylor Swift Releases Latest Single "Welcome to New York"—and Fans Are Already Obsessed With It!
- Oscar de la Renta Dead at 82; Fashion Designer Dressed Countless Celebrities, First Ladies and Other Style Icons
- Zac Efron Celebrates 27th Birthday With Rumored Girlfriend Sami Miró in Amsterdam—All the Details!