Jill Zarin Is Not Leaving 'Housewives of New York'
By Rob Shuter Posted Jun 30th 2010 04:06PM
reports claiming otherwise. On Tuesday evening, Cooper Lawrence, host of the nationally syndicated 'Cooper Lawrence Radio Show,' asked Zarin on air if she was leaving the reality TV show, but apparently her quote was taken out of context. While she admits "there are compelling reasons to come back and not to come back," she isn't on her way out just yet. However, sources tell me that Bravo hasn't yet invited any of the regular cast members back.
Zarin admits last season was difficult on her because the producers focused solely on the drama around her friendship with castmate Bethenny Frankel. Zarin claims over 90 percent of the footage she taped was quite fun, but it all landed on the cutting room floor. None of the 'Housewives' have any control over how the show is edited.
"They research and hold focus groups before deciding who not to ask back. They are looking for characters that push people's buttons. Hate is more powerful than love on TV. It's the cast members that the focus groups don't care about that are likely to get the ax," a source close to the show tells PopEater.
If that's the case, Zarin will likely be invited back for another season because she is definitely not boring. Let's hope she says yes.
Jill Zarin Snapshots
Jill Zarin attends the Samsung Hope For Children gala at Cipriani's Wall Street on Tuesday, June 15, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
Getty Images North America
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Nicki Minaj Stages Orgasm Interventions for Her BFFs: "Women Should Demand That"
- Mindy Kaling Debuts a New Bob Hairstyle, and It's Super Glamorous: See the Photo!
- Cindy Crawford Celebrates 17th Wedding Anniversary With Husband Rande Gerber With Sexy Bikini Photo
- Preach! Ashley Graham Is Our Hero After Inspiring Ted Talk on Body Image: ''Rolls, Curves, Cellulite...I Love Every Part of Me''
- Miley Cyrus Shows Off Her Shaggy Armpits on Instagram
- Best Looks of the Week: Amal Clooney's Glamorous Gown, Taylor Swift's Little White Dress & More!