Details Emerge About Sandra Bullock and Jesse James' Divorce
By John Mitchell Posted Jun 30th 2010 01:30PM
Perhaps most shockingly, however, sources close to the couple tell PEOPLE that the Oscar-wining actress will remain a co-parent to James' three children, Sunny, 6, Jesse Jr., 12, and Chandler, 15.
Despite beginning the adoption process as a couple, the filing cites that "there is no child of the marriage." Thus, Bullock is officially listed as a single mother to baby Louis and James retains full legal custody of his children from previous relationships, meaning the co-parenting situation alluded to by PEOPLE is probably less a formal arraignment than an informal attempt to provide stability for James' children.
During their marriage, Bullock spoke often of her love for James' children, Sunny in particular, whose mother, Janine Lindemulder, has had ongoing problems with substance abuse and spent time in prison for tax evasion.
According to court documents obtained by TMZ, Bullock and James reached a private partition agreement with regard to property purchased during the marriage, and the value of any property not included in the agreement is to be divided equally between the two.
It is noted in the filing that all conclusions with regard to the divorce "are based in part on their [Bullock and James] respect and regard for each other."
The agreement reflects both parties interest in making a clean break. "The parties understand and acknowledge that they are relying on their mutual disclosures in making their agreement," indicating that neither Bullock nor James sought an independent investigation into the other's assets. Similarly, no alimony will be paid and court costs will be covered by the party who incurred them.
Bullock and James married in July of 2005. Shortly after the actress's big win at the Academy Awards, Michelle "Bombshell" McGee claimed to have had an affair with the former 'Monster Garage' host and West Coast Choppers CEO. Shortly thereafter, several other women came forward saying they too had slept with James during his marriage to Bullock.
As media scrutiny intensified, the 'Blind Side' actress disappeared from public view and wasn't seen in public for months. She resurfaced on the cover of PEOPLE magazine, declaring she'd filed for divorce from James and had adopted a baby boy, Louis Bardo Bullock. In June, the actress received a standing ovation when she claimed the Generation Award at the MTV Movie Awards.
Addressing the crowd, Bullock asked that things "go back to normal" and assured her fans that she's "not going anywhere."
Presently, Bullock is said to be splitting her time between Austin, Texas, and New Orleans, where she adopted Louis from and now has a home. According to reports, James is planning a move to Austin, where he is hoping to establish normal relations with Bullock.
"It's not like they're talking every day, but they're in touch about things," a source tells PEOPLE. "It really seems like it's about the kids more than anything."
Sandra Bullock Snapshots
FILE - In this March 7, 2010 file photo, Sandra Bullock and Jesse James arrive at the Vanity Fair Oscar party in West Hollywood, Calif. Sandra Bullock won the best actress award for her role in "The Blind Side." (AP Photo/Peter Kramer, File)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FCC proposing to allow more sex and profanity during kids' television viewing hours
- Khloe Kardashian Odom yanks T-shirt after Gov. Andrew Cuomo threatens legal action
- How ?Dune' almost prevented ?Star Wars' from ever being
- John Malone's Liberty Global Eyes Sale of TV Channels Arm (Report)
- Cannes: Indian Director Anurag Kashyap on His Five Films on the Croisette (Q&A)
- Cannes: U.K.'s Rainmark Films Partners With Germany's Beta for Nordic Crime Thriller
- Will Smith really wants you to remember that he used to be a rapper ? VIDEO
- Microsoft poised to unveil new Xbox
- EW's Morning Bite: And the best sound bite from last night is?
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- 'The Hangover: Part III' L.A. Premiere: Bradley Cooper and His Wolfpack Were Out in Full Force (PHOTOS)
- 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?