How Did Eminem Wind Up on 'Entourage'? When Will the Show End? Let Adrian Grenier Explain
By Stacy Jenel Smith Posted Jul 2nd 2010 09:10AM
"I actually met Eminem several months ago, interviewing him for a documentary we're making. He mentioned that he loved the show, and I said, 'Do you want to be on it?' And he said, 'Yeah.' So I called Doug [Ellin, the show's creator] right then," Grenier recounts to PopEater. "I said, 'Doug, how would you like Eminem to be on the show?' He said, 'I'd love it!'"
"Well, watch what you ask for. We don't even get to be buds. Doug wrote this whole thing -- I can't mention what it is, but Eminem and Vince have a conflict," Grenier says with a laugh, referring to his movie star character on the show. "It's very interesting, you have no idea."
'Entourage' gets the rapper while he is a particularly hot property. His 'Recovery' disc has rocketed to the top of the Billboard charts with an astounding 740K plus sold -- the biggest sales week for any album since AC/DC's 2008 release, 'Black Ice.'
The Eminem guest spot was shot earlier this week, and next week they'll complete production on the just-launched seventh season of the hit HBO comedy. "I'm feeling that bittersweet, end-of-school feeling," admits Grenier.
But as for the widely-held expectation that they'll call it a day after season eight, Grenier is unconvinced.
"Every end is really just a beginning. I think there's definitely some resolutions happening, but I don't see it as an end. I see it as a new dynamic."
So, the show could go on and on? "I think so. I think it could go on and on. I think Doug Ellin really shoots from the hip a lot. He's sort of an improvisational thinker. He's almost a medium who channels pop culture. So I think it would be really hard for anybody to predict exactly what's going to happen."
Grenier can predict, however, that he personally will be taking off for Prague once they complete shooting. He's heading to the European city to screen his acclaimed 'Teenage Paparazzo,' a documentary about the relationship he fostered with a 13-year-old who snapped his photo. He also plans to take a little time to kick back and enjoy the picturesque capitol.
"'Paparazzo' is enjoying a lot of attention," says Grenier. "It will be shown Sept. 27th on HBO. In the meantime, I'm going to be traveling around the world with the film, to various festivals."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Eminem
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Eminem Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- Jimmy Fallon can't keep it together when Stephen Colbert visits ?The Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- James Franco reflects on Broadway debut: ?I have a good life'
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Denise Richards on How She Keeps Looking Fabulous at 43
- Prince Andrew and George Clooney's Ex Monika Jakisic Kiss During Romantic Dinner Date: Pictures
- Andrew Garfield and Batkid: Make-A-Wish Spokesperson Says the Actor and Young Boy Had a "Great Time" at Disneyland
- Blake Anderson, Workaholics Star, Welcomes Baby Girl Mars Ilah With Wife Rachael Finley