Tammy Lynn Michaels 'Blindsided' by Split With Melissa Etheridge
Tammy Lynn Michaels ranted on her blog twice in one day to say she was completely blindsided by the filing.
In court papers Etheridge requested joint custody and asked that she not have to pay Michaels any support.
In a poem written on Michaels' blog, she writes the pair had agreed not to do anything until the fall:
FILE FOR DIVORCE!!!!!!
even though we both promised
pinkysworeher broken promises
told to me by
no filing until after tour
in the fall
The rocker and 'L Word' actress exchanged vows in Malibu in September 2003. While the statement from the publicist described the rocker and actress as "married," California law did not allow marriages between same-sex couples at the time. Once same-sex marriage was legally recognized in California in 2008, the two planned to wed but they never made it down the aisle.
Tammy gave birth to their children, son Miller and daughter Johnnie Rose, in 2006.
Etheridge is also mom to two other children, Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, with former partner Julie Cypher.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Billy Joel set to break Madison Square Garden record
- Duggar fans create counter-petition to save '19 Kids & Counting'
- Vogue's new digs are reportedly swarming with rats
- Cameron Diaz hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend ? talk about it here!
- You can now buy the original ?Wizard of Oz' Cowardly Lion costume ? if you're a millionaire
- This Week on Stage: Hugh Jackman, Glenn Close and ?Side Show' storm Broadway's busiest fall week
- PDA Alert! Robert Pattinson Gets Cheeky with Girlfriend FKA twigs
- Look Out J.Lo and Kim K! Here Comes Beyonc