Vienna: Lack of Intimacy Ended Relationship With 'Bachelor' Jake Pavelka
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jul 6th 2010 06:30AM
For weeks, the nasty breakup of 'The Bachelor' couple Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi has been fought in the tabloids. For their latest round of sparring, the pair were back in front of the reality TV cameras where it all began. 'The Bachelor' host Chris Harrison moderated the pool-side debate between the couple, who called off their engagement last month. The 32-year-old pilot from Dallas and the 23-year-old Geneva, Fla., resident quarreled over such issues as where they should place furniture in their home and why she gave an interview to a tabloid about their split. Amid the fireworks, Vienna accused Jake of emotional abuse, while he said "she breaks me down ... she's mean."
Click below to watch highlights from their reunion:
The two met on a reality TV show, where Jake chose his favorite girl Vienna from a pack of willing women. While the couple admit they were happy at first, things quickly went downhill. "The first month together was great. He was crazy about me. From there it went straight downhill. It felt like a relationship when cameras were rolling or we were out on a red carpet, but when we were at home [it was] lonely," Girardi explained.
He fired back, "To me there is more in a relationship than sex." When she interrupted him again, he added, "She's asking me why there's not intimacy in a relationship and this is it right here."
But she says while the couple tried to act happy for the cameras, they weren't intimate at home. "At home, it wasn't like we were in a relationship. I just wanted him to be around me and talk to me and hold me and kiss me, like a normal relationship," she explained.
Then came the tabloid interviews from both sides. Girardi lashed out first by appearing on the cover of Star magazine alongside the headline "Jake's a MONSTER!" Pavelka then struck back on the front of PEOPLE magazine above the headline "I DON'T TRUST HER." Girardi later dodged infidelity allegations on Twitter, while Pavelka unloaded about his relationship regrets in an interview with 'Extra' host Mario Lopez.
"Either way, our relationship had been public. The world was going to want to know what happened ... I hadn't had a voice this entire time," she said. "You are a fame whore is what you are."
"I'm so mad at you. I'm disgusted with you," Pavelka fired back.
But who actually initiated the breakup remains unknown. "I called you and broke up with you over the phone," Girardi said. Disgusted at his ex, Pavelka said, "She's like a tabloid. You get 40 percent of the truth." He later added, "She breaks me down, she undermines me, she's mean ... This is it, right here."
Throughout the interview, Pavelka continually got annoyed at his ex for "interrupting" him. He kept trying to silence her and finished by yelling at his ex. At this point, Vienna couldn't take it anymore and began crying. She finally jumped off the couch, saying to Jake, "You are the meanest person I've ever met in my life. ... I'm over it."
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Queen Elizabeth II Photobombs a Selfie at the Commonwealth Games: See the Amazing Picture
- Erin Heatherton Goes Topless on a Horse, Rides a Horse Bareback for Buffalo David Bitton Campaign With Eric Decker
- Kim Kardashian Calls Khloe Kardashian a "Miserable Person" After Selfies Diss on Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- Longtime Friend Of Hot Car Dad Ross Cooper Confused By Ongoing Events, Prays There's A Reasonable Explanation For It All
- Leonardo DiCaprio and Toni Garrn Enjoy An Afternoon On Their Yacht Off The Coast Of Saint-Tropez France
- Kelsey Grammer And His Wife Kayte Grammer Welcome Their Son Gabriel To The World
- Long lines start early as Comic-Con floor opens and dedicated fans queue up for coveted toys
- Dolly Parton on how God helps her stick to her country roots
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The Naked Warwick Rowing Team Is Back! See 7 Stupid Hot Pics of the Completely Nude Hunks
- Shia LaBeouf Arrives in Court After Cabaret Arrest, Actor His Trades Scruffy Appearance for Sharp Suit
- The Vampire Diaries: Julie Plec Previews Life Without Damon and Bonnie in Season 6