'X Factor' Judge Lands in the Hospital With Malaria
A spokesman for the British singer and 'X Factor' judge says Cole is being treated in a London hospital and has been forced to cancel all work commitments for the next week. Simon Cowell has reportedly insisted that she return to her judge's seat only when she is well enough.
After collapsing during a photo shoot for her new album, Cole was ordered to rest by doctors. Her condition soon took a turn for the worse, and according to UK's The Sun, she was rushed to hospital after "drifting in and out of consciousness."
She had been taking malaria tablets but reportedly told doctors she had been suffering with "stomach pains" since returning from the holiday.
Hough is reportedly by her side and is "mortified by what's happened" as it was his idea to take her to Africa.
If malaria is not treated promptly, it can become life-threatening because it disrupts the blood supply to vital organs. Malaria is an infectious disease caused by a parasite that's transmitted by mosquitoes. The illness results in recurrent attacks of chills, headaches, vomiting and fever.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lea Michele Tweets on Anniversary of Cory Monteith's Death; Brody Jenner Attends Reggie Bush's Wedding: Top Weekend Stories
- Real Housewives of New Jersey Season 6 Premiere Recap: New Women, New Feuds
- Ariana Grande, Jennette McCurdy's Sam and Cat Cancelled After One Season Amidst Claims of Conflict
- Jenny McCarthy Has Been Axed But Is Still Opining! Former The View Hostess Says Her Talk Show Replacement Rosie O'Donnell Will ?Bring Some Heat' and Playmate Is Making Wedding Plans
- Conductor Lorin Maazel dies at 84
- 'Planet of the Apes' tops box office with $73M debut
- Shakira thanks soccer for changing her life