'X Factor' Judge Lands in the Hospital With Malaria
A spokesman for the British singer and 'X Factor' judge says Cole is being treated in a London hospital and has been forced to cancel all work commitments for the next week. Simon Cowell has reportedly insisted that she return to her judge's seat only when she is well enough.
After collapsing during a photo shoot for her new album, Cole was ordered to rest by doctors. Her condition soon took a turn for the worse, and according to UK's The Sun, she was rushed to hospital after "drifting in and out of consciousness."
She had been taking malaria tablets but reportedly told doctors she had been suffering with "stomach pains" since returning from the holiday.
Hough is reportedly by her side and is "mortified by what's happened" as it was his idea to take her to Africa.
If malaria is not treated promptly, it can become life-threatening because it disrupts the blood supply to vital organs. Malaria is an infectious disease caused by a parasite that's transmitted by mosquitoes. The illness results in recurrent attacks of chills, headaches, vomiting and fever.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bruce Jenner's Diane Sawyer Interview: Laverne Cox and More Celebs Embrace His Bravery -- Read Their Reactions Here
- Bruce Jenner E! Documentary Confirmed Following His Emotional Confession ? Get All the Details on the Eight-Part One-Hour Docuseries
- Bruce Jenner Tells Diane Sawyer: Kim "Has Been, By Far, the Most Accepting" of the Kardashians
- Bruce Jenner in interview: 'I am a woman'
- Sawyer Sweeten, 'Everybody Loves Raymond' child actor, dead at 19
- Comedian Artie Lange: It's not fair when people call me fat
- Everything We Learned From Bruce Jenner's Candid Diane Sawyer Interview
- Bruce Jenner Says Khloé Kardashian Is Taking His Transition the Hardest ''Because She's Had a Lot of Losses in Her Life''
- Bruce Jenner's Family Reacts to Diane Sawyer Interview: We Are "So Very Proud" of Our "Hero"