'X Factor' Judge Lands in the Hospital With Malaria
A spokesman for the British singer and 'X Factor' judge says Cole is being treated in a London hospital and has been forced to cancel all work commitments for the next week. Simon Cowell has reportedly insisted that she return to her judge's seat only when she is well enough.
After collapsing during a photo shoot for her new album, Cole was ordered to rest by doctors. Her condition soon took a turn for the worse, and according to UK's The Sun, she was rushed to hospital after "drifting in and out of consciousness."
She had been taking malaria tablets but reportedly told doctors she had been suffering with "stomach pains" since returning from the holiday.
Hough is reportedly by her side and is "mortified by what's happened" as it was his idea to take her to Africa.
If malaria is not treated promptly, it can become life-threatening because it disrupts the blood supply to vital organs. Malaria is an infectious disease caused by a parasite that's transmitted by mosquitoes. The illness results in recurrent attacks of chills, headaches, vomiting and fever.
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian, Jared Leto Both Debut Platinum Blonde Hair: Who Looks More Like Draco Malfoy?
- Jared Leto Goes Platinum at the Same Event Kim Kardashian Debuted Her Blonde Hair: See the Dramatic Makeover!
- Ariana Grande's Three Male Fans Simply Cannot When They Get on Camera at a Concert: See Their Insane Reactions
- Susan Sarandon reportedly splits from boy toy
- 'Wheel of Fortune' contestant botches 'Snow White' character's name
- FOX411's pic of the day