Who 'Blew It' During Jake and Vienna's Battle Royale?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 6th 2010 04:00PM
Jake Pavelka and Vienna Girardi slung insult after brutal insult last night during their first televised chitchat together since their relationship went kaboom. (He said: "I'm disgusted with you." She said: "You are a fame whore.") Although it may have made for great reality TV, industry insiders tell me their performance has killed both of their aspiring careers.
"There were no winners last night," a TV executive tells me. "We got to see a different side of two people we thought we knew very well. And it wasn't an attractive side. In short, that interview was a disaster. It certainly didn't do Jake or Vienna any good."
Pressed for a pick, my source conceded that if there had to be a winner, it was Vienna -- but mostly because Jake came off as a bit nasty.
"The Jake we saw last night was so different from the nice guy we thought we knew. He has left us all wondering if everything he ever did was an act. His career is over for sure."
Vienna, who has already secured a job at a marketing company in Los Angeles, says she has no plans to pursue a career in show business.
However, Jake has never hidden his ambitions to become a full-time actor. According to IMDB, Pavelka worked as an actor long before his 'Bachelor' fame, with a 1999 spot on the cult/hoaky series 'Walker, Texas Ranger' and a role in the TV flick 'The President's Men.' For both roles, Pavelka is credited as Jake Landrum. Post-'Bachelor' fame, Jake has landed a guest spot on the Lifetime series 'Drop Dead Diva,' where he will play a bachelor contestant on a dating show.
But that was before we got to see how nasty he really is.
"Jake is a joke in the business and last night's performance has confirmed it," a casting director tells me. "He thinks he's going to be the next Tom Cruise, where in reality he is already the next Spencer Pratt." Ouch.
The director continues: "My advice is save as much 'Bachelor' money as you can, then go home to Texas and enjoy your life. Any chance that he might have had of a career in show business is over. He blew it last night. Making a girl cry on national TV isn't going to get you any work in this town."
PR expert Kelly Brady agreed, telling me, "In one corner you had Jake and in the other you had Vienna. Neither scored a knockout, but both were badly injured. But Jake definitely came off worse."
Miss Brady is not alone in her expert thinking.
Ronn Torossian, owner of 5WPR and the man who shaped the careers of Lil' Kim and Pam Anderson, tells me, "I think neither won the battle-royale at all, but in today's reality driven entertainment show arena, ratings and drama will win, rather than Vienna or Jake. They both spoke ugly of another, both were rude and inconsiderate and I don't think either of them won big points."
Ronn makes a great point. There was a big winner last night and that was ABC. Ratings were through the roof.
Let me know who you thought won!
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Celebrity Fights -
- Gut Reactions -
- Splitsville -
- TV News -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kris Jenner Feels Betrayed by Bruce Jenner for Dating Her Friend: "She's Livid"
- Ricki Lake Files For Divorce From Husband Christian Evans, Offers to Pay Spousal Support
- Bruce Jenner Smokes, Gets Red Manicure on 65th Birthday; Kate Gosselin Avoided Ex-Husband Jon Gosselin at Yard Sale: Top 5 Stories
- Booby Chaps! 10 Photos Of Male Celebrities Sporting An Impressive Set Of Man Boobs
- My Everything! Ariana Grande Is ?Spending The Holidays' With ?Soul Partner' Boyfriend Big Sean
- Michael Jackson’s Drug ‘Gatekeeper’ Jason Pfeiffer Talks Tell-All Book & Riding ‘Off Into The Sunset’
- Shania Twain reveals she has more music in the works
- ?Nashville' recap: Family drama shakes up love triangle
- The lovely and talented ladies of country music
- Katniss Threatens Snow in The Hunger Games: Mockingjay—Part 1 Final Trailer, "Burn"—Watch Now!
- Pregnant Milla Jovovich Reveals Sex of Baby No. 2—Find Out What She's Having!
- We Might Not Recover from Tonight's American Horror Story: Freak Show: Our Rants and Raves