Amy Winehouse Not Ready To Record New Album
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 7th 2010 07:20AM
Amy Winehouse made a surprise appearance last night at Mark Ronson's gig at London's 100 Club, but that doesn't mean she's even close to releasing a new record. While her label claimed a new album from the British soul singer would hit shelves before the end of 2010, Ronson tells UK's Daily Mail, "Amy hasn't begun working on her next record yet. When she's got 10 songs, we'll go down to the studio together."
Ronson produced the 'Rehab' singer's last album, the Grammy-winning 'Back To Black,' in 2006.
"We did a song together last month for a Quincy Jones tribute album that's coming out fairly soon, so we've definitely been talking about it," Ronson added.
During the gig, she joined Ronson onstage to perform their hit song 'Valerie' in front of an audience. Afterward, she stuck around the club, drinking a bottle of beer and getting close to her drummer, Troy Miller.
While Winehouse has showed up to lend support to several other artists, her last solo performance was at Jazz After Dark club in London last September.
Winehouse has had a long history of substance abuse as well as legal and marital problems throughout her career. She's been arrested on assault charges, endured a very public split form husband Blake Fielder-Civil and has entered rehab numerous times for drug and alcohol abuse.
Amy Winehouse makes a surprise appearance as she performs with Mark Ronson (R) at the 100 Club on July 6, 2010 in London, England.
Getty Images Europe
MORE ABOUT Amy Winehouse
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Amy Winehouse Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- David Hasselhoff reportedly being wooed for 'Celebrity Apprentice'
- Henry Winker calls Kim Kardahian 'charming and warm'
- Khloe Kardashian jokes about having sex with O.J. Simpson
- Lena Dunham hosts ?Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Jimmy Fallon can't keep it together when Stephen Colbert visits ?The Tonight Show' ? VIDEO
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- No More Dollar Sign! Kesha Changes Name Spelling, Looks Happy Post-Rehab
- Michael Jackson's Son Controversy: Real Dad Steps Forward
- Denise Richards on How She Keeps Looking Fabulous at 43
- Susan Sarandon Says She's "Very Excited" About Daughter Eva Amurri's Pregnancy, Reveals What Baby Gift She Already Bought Her
- Christian Bale, Wife Sibi Expecting Second Child
- Shakira's Boyfriend Gerard Pique Doesn't Allow Her to Make Music Videos With Men, "He's Very Territorial"