Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' Nominated for Emmy, Nothing for Jay Leno
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 8th 2010 08:58AM
'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien' earned its first and only Emmy nomination this morning.
Conan will compete against 'The Colbert Report,' 'The Daily Show,' 'Real Time With Bill Maher' and 'Saturday Night Live' in the Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series category.
'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' was not nominated, although NBC submitted Leno's work, while O'Brien's own people submitted his.
NBC forced Leno to leave 'Tonight' in 2009, handing the reigns over to O'Brien and giving Jay his own primetime show. But after only seven months, Leno's 'The Jay Leno Show' failed to catch on and Conan's ratings lagged, so the network booted Conan from the 'Tonight Show' and reinstated Leno.
O'Brien will have a new show on TBS beginning in November. Interestingly enough, TBS launched a campaign to nominate Conan for an Emmy.
MORE ABOUT Conan O'Brien
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Conan O'Brien Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- WWE's Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka Charged With Murder in Girlfriend 1983 Death
- Sonja Morgan Isn't Surprised by Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal: "I Could See It Coming"
- Kim Zolciak Goes Topless in "Unedited" Glam Photo: See It Here!
- Jimmy 'Superfly' Snuka charged with 1983 murder of girlfriend
- James Bond author sorry for saying Idris Elba 'too street' for 007
- Taylor Swift fan arrested for storming stage at concert
- Kristen Taekman Seeks Comfort in BFF Brandi Glanville Following Husband Josh Taekman's Ashley Madison Scandal
- Sarah Michelle Gellar Shares Wedding Photo in Honor of 13th Anniversary With Freddie Prinze Jr.
- Khloé Kardashian and Blac Chyna Battle for Most Shocking (and Revealing) Selfie—Take a Look!