Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' Nominated for Emmy, Nothing for Jay Leno
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 8th 2010 08:58AM
'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien' earned its first and only Emmy nomination this morning.
Conan will compete against 'The Colbert Report,' 'The Daily Show,' 'Real Time With Bill Maher' and 'Saturday Night Live' in the Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series category.
'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' was not nominated, although NBC submitted Leno's work, while O'Brien's own people submitted his.
NBC forced Leno to leave 'Tonight' in 2009, handing the reigns over to O'Brien and giving Jay his own primetime show. But after only seven months, Leno's 'The Jay Leno Show' failed to catch on and Conan's ratings lagged, so the network booted Conan from the 'Tonight Show' and reinstated Leno.
O'Brien will have a new show on TBS beginning in November. Interestingly enough, TBS launched a campaign to nominate Conan for an Emmy.
MORE ABOUT Conan O'Brien
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Conan O'Brien Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Donovan Leitch's Fiancee Libby Mintz Is Pregnant! Couple Expecting First Child Together
- Lady Gaga Lays in Bed With Taylor Kinney in Late Thanksgiving Video -- Watch Their Pillow Fight!
- Scott Stapp, Creed Frontman, Was Placed on a Psychiatric Hold Before Confessional Video: Report
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Star Wars' teaser trailer premieres
- Dazzling new magic show debuts on Broadway
- Tom Hanks and wife to host National Christmas tree lighting