Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' Nominated for Emmy, Nothing for Jay Leno
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 8th 2010 08:58AM
'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien' earned its first and only Emmy nomination this morning.
Conan will compete against 'The Colbert Report,' 'The Daily Show,' 'Real Time With Bill Maher' and 'Saturday Night Live' in the Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series category.
'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' was not nominated, although NBC submitted Leno's work, while O'Brien's own people submitted his.
NBC forced Leno to leave 'Tonight' in 2009, handing the reigns over to O'Brien and giving Jay his own primetime show. But after only seven months, Leno's 'The Jay Leno Show' failed to catch on and Conan's ratings lagged, so the network booted Conan from the 'Tonight Show' and reinstated Leno.
O'Brien will have a new show on TBS beginning in November. Interestingly enough, TBS launched a campaign to nominate Conan for an Emmy.
MORE ABOUT Conan O'Brien
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Conan O'Brien Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Plus-Size Model Tess Holliday Owns Her Bold Curves in Photoshop-Free Torrid Campaign: See the Photos
- Bobbi Kristina Brown Turns 22, Nick Gordon Wishes Her Happy Birthday As She Remains in Coma: "I Wish I Was There With You"
- Ad Council's Love Has No Labels Video Will Make You Cry: Watch
- Indian Parliament erupts after rape documentary is banned
- George Clooney: Amal is 'the smart one'
- Conrad Hilton to plead guilty to assaulting flight attendants
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Wears Skimpy Swimsuits for Esquire U.K.! See the Supermodel's Titillating Photo Shoot
- Jordin Sparks' ''Heart Breaks'' for Bobbi Kristina Brown, Explains Her ''Sisterly Connection'' to Whitney Houston's Daughter
- Kate McKinnon Calls Chris Hemsworth a "Bitch" and Finds an Excuse to Touch Him in This Hilarious SNL Promo!