Conan O'Brien's 'Tonight Show' Nominated for Emmy, Nothing for Jay Leno
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 8th 2010 08:58AM
'The Tonight Show With Conan O'Brien' earned its first and only Emmy nomination this morning.
Conan will compete against 'The Colbert Report,' 'The Daily Show,' 'Real Time With Bill Maher' and 'Saturday Night Live' in the Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series category.
'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno' was not nominated, although NBC submitted Leno's work, while O'Brien's own people submitted his.
NBC forced Leno to leave 'Tonight' in 2009, handing the reigns over to O'Brien and giving Jay his own primetime show. But after only seven months, Leno's 'The Jay Leno Show' failed to catch on and Conan's ratings lagged, so the network booted Conan from the 'Tonight Show' and reinstated Leno.
O'Brien will have a new show on TBS beginning in November. Interestingly enough, TBS launched a campaign to nominate Conan for an Emmy.
MORE ABOUT Conan O'Brien
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Conan O'Brien Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Mariah Carey, Nick Cannon Living Apart, Marriage on the Rocks; How Ciara Discovered Future Was Cheating: Top 5 Stories
- Iggy Azalea Announced As Headliner at the SLS Las Vegas Grand Opening Party
- Kristen Stewart, Nicholas Hoult Complete ALS Ice Bucket Challenge With "Dirty Bath Water"
RadarOnline.comFEEDMore News at Radar Online Li
- 'Scooby-Doo's' Daphne goes from size 2 to size 8
- Former 'Jeopardy' contestant indicted for assaulting legislator's wife
- Robin Williams' ashes reportedly scattered in San Francisco Bay last week