Larry King and Wife Shawn Ditch Their Divorce
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jul 8th 2010 07:45PM
Larry King's television reign may be ending, but his eighth marriage will go on. Court records in Los Angeles showed King and his wife each filed Wednesday to end competing divorce petitions and that the cases have been dismissed.
The move comes nearly three months after the host of CNN's "Larry King Live" filed to end his nearly 13-year marriage to his seventh wife, Shawn.
She also sought to end the marriage, but the couple soon reconciled.
King announced his retirement last month. He cited the desire to spend more time with his wife and two young sons as one of the benefits of ending his show after 25 years.
He will step down from the show this year, and CNN executives are searching for a replacement.
He has said he will continue to produce specials for the network.
In a statement released Thursday, King said, "A lot of new things are happening to us, and we are happy to be together as a family with our children."
Shawn King was treated for an apparent overdose of prescription drugs in Utah in May. Larry King's spokesman said at the time that the couple would be staying together.
They were married in 1997, three days before Larry King underwent surgery to clear a clogged blood vessel.
King married one of his former wives twice.
MORE ABOUT Larry King
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Larry King Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Leonardo DiCaprio spotted partying with 25 models, source says
- Ali Lohan reportedly launching country music career
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Jon Stewart Announces $10 Billion Kickstarter to Buy CNN
- McDonald's Suspect Meat Scandal Revealed by Local Chinese TV (Video)
- 'Dear White People' Trailer: Student Election Creates Tension (Video)
- Chris Harrison blogs ?The Bachelorette: The Men Tell All'
- Listen: Kate Hudson shares her favorite ?Overboard' lines and so much more
- Don't Rule Out a 'Sons of Anarchy' Prequel
- Will Ferrell and Adam McKay Are Making Your 'Manimal' Movie Dreams Come True
- We Can't Stop Looking at These Snazzy 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' Living Portraits