Barbara Walters: I'm Fully Recovered From Heart Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 12th 2010 02:40PM
Broadcasting from her Manhattan apartment, Walters admits she was never in serious discomfort from the surgery. In the studio, her co-hosts marveled at her robust appearance. Joy Behar said, "You look fine."
The 80-year-old Walters will take the rest of the summer off, but will rejoin her 'View' co-hosts when its new season begins in September.
Back in May, Walters announced on 'The View' that she would undergo heart surgery, admitting she had kept it a secret -- even from her co-hosts. Walters explained, "I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance."
"You know how healthy I have been -- never missed a day's work," Walters said before noting that she has "known of this condition for a while now."
"A lot of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now. My doctors and I have decided that this is the best time to do the surgery," said Walters. "Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery. It's not elective, like getting your face lifted. But it's an operation that's done so often and I have very good doctors and the support and love of my daughter. I'm glad it's going to be over with. It's going to be taken care of," she added.
Barbara Walters attends the Roundabout Theatre Company's 2010 Spring Gala at Studio 54 on March 22, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Real Housewives of Atlanta Recap: Demetria McKinney Makes Her Housewives Debut, Apollo Nida Cuddles Phaedra Parks and More
- Sony Plans to Release The Interview After Pulling It: "It Will Be Distributed"
- Tom Brokaw's Cancer Is in Remission: "I Face the New Year With Very Encouraging News"
FOX 411FEEDMore From Fox News Li
- The Wildest Moments From Scott Disick and Kourtney Kardashian's Trip to Fire Island on Kourtney & Khloé Take The Hamptons
- Kelly Clarkson and Baby River Rose Look So Happy Before Celebrating First Christmas Together
- Sony Lawyer Says Consumers Will Be Able to Watch The Interview Soon: "It Will Be Distributed"