Barbara Walters: I'm Fully Recovered From Heart Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 12th 2010 02:40PM
Broadcasting from her Manhattan apartment, Walters admits she was never in serious discomfort from the surgery. In the studio, her co-hosts marveled at her robust appearance. Joy Behar said, "You look fine."
The 80-year-old Walters will take the rest of the summer off, but will rejoin her 'View' co-hosts when its new season begins in September.
Back in May, Walters announced on 'The View' that she would undergo heart surgery, admitting she had kept it a secret -- even from her co-hosts. Walters explained, "I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance."
"You know how healthy I have been -- never missed a day's work," Walters said before noting that she has "known of this condition for a while now."
"A lot of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now. My doctors and I have decided that this is the best time to do the surgery," said Walters. "Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery. It's not elective, like getting your face lifted. But it's an operation that's done so often and I have very good doctors and the support and love of my daughter. I'm glad it's going to be over with. It's going to be taken care of," she added.
Barbara Walters attends the Roundabout Theatre Company's 2010 Spring Gala at Studio 54 on March 22, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Celebrate Second Wedding Bash: Details
- Mama June's Daughter Anna Cardwell Claims She Was Molested By Mother's Boyfriend
- Diddy as Prince, Ellen as Nicki! See Celebs Dressed as Other Stars For Halloween
- Jake Steinfeld Joins Governors Across The Country To Open Live Positively Fitness Centers
- More Problems For Leah Messer! ‘Teen Mom 2′ Star & Husband Jeremy Calvert Hit With A $10K Tax Lien
- Cream vocalist, bassist Jack Bruce dies at 71
- Rumer Willis is 'blown away' by her sister Tallulah's strength
- 'Breaking Bad's' Aaron Paul slams Toys R Us over recall
- Katy Perry Turns 30 Today! Celebrate the Singer's Birthday by Looking Back at Her Hair Changes Through the Years
- Kim Kardashian Celebrates Birthday Las Vegas-Style With Kanye West, Family and Friends
- Who Wore it Best? Supernatural's Castiel vs. Constantine's John Constantine