Barbara Walters: I'm Fully Recovered From Heart Surgery
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 12th 2010 02:40PM
Broadcasting from her Manhattan apartment, Walters admits she was never in serious discomfort from the surgery. In the studio, her co-hosts marveled at her robust appearance. Joy Behar said, "You look fine."
The 80-year-old Walters will take the rest of the summer off, but will rejoin her 'View' co-hosts when its new season begins in September.
Back in May, Walters announced on 'The View' that she would undergo heart surgery, admitting she had kept it a secret -- even from her co-hosts. Walters explained, "I thought it best not to talk about it too far in advance."
"You know how healthy I have been -- never missed a day's work," Walters said before noting that she has "known of this condition for a while now."
"A lot of people have done this and I have known about this condition for a while now. My doctors and I have decided that this is the best time to do the surgery," said Walters. "Nobody wants to have this kind of surgery. It's not elective, like getting your face lifted. But it's an operation that's done so often and I have very good doctors and the support and love of my daughter. I'm glad it's going to be over with. It's going to be taken care of," she added.
Barbara Walters attends the Roundabout Theatre Company's 2010 Spring Gala at Studio 54 on March 22, 2010 in New York. More photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Idina Menzel, Taye Diggs Separate After 10 Years of Marriage
- Kevin Federline, Britney Spears' Ex, Expecting Baby Number Six with Wife Victoria Prince
- Kim Kardashian Debuts Post-Baby Bikini Body, Drew Barrymore Reveals She's Having Another Baby Girl: Top 5 Wednesday Stories
- Rachael Ray Skipped Dead Aunt’s Funeral For Work Commitments, Tweets About Cats, Stew, &‘Cake Boss' Instead!
- Gisele: She's not just like you
- "12 Years a Slave," "Osage County" top SAG nominations
- 'Duck Dynasty' fam spreads holiday cheer in Afghanistan
- The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug Review Roundup: Critics Can't Find Middle Ground on Middle-earth
- Mena Suvari's Awkward Christmas Card With Her Boyfriend and Cat Is Absolute Perfection—Take a Look!
- American Horror Story: Coven Shocker: Gabourey Sidibe Talks Queenie's Fate, and Which Co-Star Brings a Baby Hand to Set