Lindsay Lohan's Plan to Stay Out of Jail
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 12th 2010 07:38AM
Lindsay Lohan might have been sentenced to 90 days in the slammer last week by an angry judge, but that doesn't mean the troubled young actress is going down without a fight.
"Lindsay has no intention of going to jail," a friend of Lohan's tells me. "The only thing that Lindsay did wrong was hire the wrong attorney and now she has fixed that."
Lindsay now has a new attorney, Stuart V. Goldberg, who has arrived in Los Angeles from Chicago claiming, "We're going after them."
Lindsay is supposed to surrender to the court by July 20, but now that her new lawyer is in place, sources tell me Lindsay is confident she won't have to spend a minute in jail.
"She is paying her new lawyer a fortune to fix this mess. She doesn't care what it takes," an insider tells me. "If Lindsay needs to start a Facebook campaign or set up protests or something like that she is totally into it. They are treating Lindsay differently because she is a star, so it's about time she used her star power to help her. She's seen the movie 'Chicago' several times, so it's not like she doesn't know how this sort of thing works!"
Will someone please hand Mr. Goldberg his tap shoes, please? I think it's time for the fancy footwork rag!
Of course it won't be the end of the world -- or financial success -- for LiLo if she does serve time; I previously discovered Lohan could earn a whopping payday (to the tune of $1 million) for an exclusive post-jail interview.
"Financially, it's the best thing that could have ever happened to Lindsay," a magazine insider tells me. "It's no secret that Lindsay has been in financial trouble for a while. She will earn more money from her post-prison interview than she ever earned acting."
Pop-Ed: Leave Lindsay Alone! Her Career Is Not Over
Why America Laughed While Lindsay Cried
Lindsay Lets Her Fingernail Do The Talking in Court: 'F--- U'
Lindsay in Court
Lindsay Lohan reacts to a judges sentence at the Beverly Hills Courthouse on July 6, 2010 in Los Angeles. More Photos >>
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Rapper Andre Johnson cuts off penis, jumps from balcony in apparent suicide attempt, report says
- FOX News announces new daytime show 'Outnumbered'
- Robin Roberts: Doctor said I had two years to live
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': 'Not A Typical Super Hero Movie' (Video)
- Jeremy Renner to Narrate History's 'World Wars'
- Will Batman's Sidekick Return in 'Robin Rises: Omega'?
- Channing Tatum is in talks to play a very famous X-Man
- ?The View': A seating chart for a drama-free co-host reunion
- ?X-Men: Days of Future Past' trailer: A deep dive into the final ?X' preview
- The Final 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Trailer Is Jam-Packed With Mutants (VIDEO)
- 'A Haunted House 2' Preview: Don't Sneak Up on Marlon Wayans (EXCLUSIVE)
- Move Over Johnny Depp, Here Are 11 Movie Stars Who Already Own the Internet