'Twilight' Fans May Get 3-D Wish For 'Breaking Dawn'
By Sarah Crow Posted Jul 12th 2010 04:00PM
Summit Entertainment, the studio behind the three previous films in the hit series, has recently finished production on 'Drive Angry,' a Nicholas Cage vehicle shot using 3-D cameras, leading many to wonder if 'Breaking Dawn' will receive the same treatment.
In an interview with MTV News, Summit's Head of Distribution, Richard Fay, said, "There's certainly a financial part of the discussion. And yes, there's a certain amount of technology that has to be considered and accounted for. But it really comes down to the creative folks ... If it lends itself to be a better movie because of 3-D, then that's the technology we'll use."
Despite the high ticket prices associated with 3-D films, 'Drive Angry' director Patrick Lussier believes that the format is a good fit for the box office draw. "I think Summit has been discovering, as they've been seeing the 3-D material and the ease we've been able to work with it, is that it's an incredibly viable format to work in."
Robert Pattinson Snapshots
Robert Pattinson, left, and Kristen Stewart arrive at the premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Eclipse" on Thursday, June 24, 2010 in Los Angeles. (AP Photo/Matt Sayles)
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Emily Ratajkowski wants everyone to get over the 'Blurred Lines' video
- 'Airplane Repo' star Mike Kennedy's escaped snake has town on edge
- Sienna Miller abruptly cut from Johnny Depp film 'Black Mass'
- Hackers, Drug Dealers and a Springsteen-Loving Mayor: THR Critics Pick Summer's Best Shows
- Animated 'Guardians of the Galaxy' Team on Movie Tie-Ins and '80s References
- TIFF: Anthony LaPaglia Gets Call from Dead Mother in 'Month of Sundays' Trailer
Access HollywoodFEEDMore From Access Hollywood Li
- 13 Stars Who Almost Have an EGOT
- 11 Reasons Stephen Colbert Will Be the Best 'Late Night' Host Ever
- Benicio Del Toro Confirms 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Villain Role