Six Seasons Later, Saying Goodbye to 'The Hills'
MTV's epic reality show 'The Hills' comes to a close July 13 at 10 PM ET/PT after giving us an inside look at five formative years in the lives of Lauren Conrad, Heidi Montag, Audrina Patridge, Kristin Cavallari and Lo Bosworth.
Capitalizing on the popularity of shows like 'The O.C.,' 'Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County' brought a different kind of reality television to MTV in 2004, glamorizing the social lives of several affluent teenagers attending Laguna Beach High School.
When 'Laguna' came to an end in 2006, MTV decided to continue following cast member Lauren Conrad as she attempted to conquer the fashion world, creating the spin-off we all know and love, 'The Hills.' Combining creator Adam DiVello's flawlessly lit cinematic style with beautiful people and seemingly scripted situations, 'The Hills' gave viewers five years of overwrought love triangles, plastic surgeries and awkward moments.
Join PopEater as we take a walk down memory lane to say goodbye to Lauren, Heidi, Audrina, Kristin and Lo after the jump!
Six years ago, few people would have thought 'Laguna Beach' would have any staying power. But it gave legs to a dynasty of MTV spin-offs like 'The Hills' and 'The City,' and will probably continue to do so. Kristin Cavallari (far left) poses with 'Laguna Beach' cast members Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth in 2004.
From the lovable "LC" on 'Laguna Beach' to narrating 'The Hills,' Lauren Conrad left 'The Hills' in May 2009 to pursue a life away from the cameras. While Conrad's was the least dramatic physical transformation among the cast members, she's completely overhauled her career. Conrad has stepped away from her reality star roots to pen two books based on her personal life, 'L.A. Candy' and 'Sweet Little Lies,' which both appeared on the New York Times best-seller list.
Heidi Montag, Conrad's friend from college, joined the 'Laguna' cast in season 2, making a splash all her own. Montag followed Conrad from 'Laguna' to 'The Hills,' creating explosive storylines of friendship-ending fights and making headlines all her own for excessive plastic surgery as well as her tumultuous relationship with Spencer Pratt. Most recently, Montag has separated from Pratt.
Audrina Patridge joined 'The Hills' in 2005, and according to Wikipedia, "has appeared in more episodes than any other cast member." Using her role on 'The Hills' as a launching pad, Patridge appeared in 'Into the Blue 2: The Reef' and 'Sorority Row,' as well as seven Carl's Jr. commercials in 2009. Reality television powerhouse Mark Burnett is working with Patridge on an upcoming production, 'The Audrina Show.'
Once Conrad decided to leave 'The Hills,' there was much speculation about who would step up to fill her shoes. Leave it to MTV to bring in Conrad's nemesis from her 'Laguna Beach' days -- Kristin Cavallari. Fans eagerly awaited Cavallari's return to TV, as MTV touted her re-appearance with the tagline "The Bitch Is Back."
Conrad's best friend since elementary school, Lo Bosworth, transitioned from 'Laguna' to 'The Hills' in its second season after a rift between the two was resolved. Most recently, Bosworth announced her participation as a spokesperson for the 2010 NIVEA "Good-bye Cellulite, Hello Bikini! Challenge."
Whitney Port, an intern with Conrad at Teen Vogue, followed her blossoming fashion career to New York City to work with Kelly Cutrone. Port has since traded the California sun for a place in the fashion industry with her own 'Hills' spin-off, 2008's 'The City.' She also launched her own clothing line in March 2008, called Whitney Eve.
As we bid farewell to the ladies of the 'The Hills,' relive six seasons worth of heartbreak, friendship and unforgettable moments:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Holly Williams Gives Birth, Welcomes Daughter Stella June With Husband Chris Coleman
- Miles Teller Explains Divergent "Dead Inside" Comments: "I Was Just Drained"
- Taylor Swift Looks Sexy on British Vogue Cover, Says Dating Is The Last Thing On My Mind
- Kris Jenner Opens Up About Beginnings As A Manager, Says Late Ex Robert Kardashian Sr. Believed O.J. Simpson Was Innocent
- ?Dog The Bounty Hunter's' Son's GF Caught Up In Racist Scandal After Posting Anti-Asian Comments On Instagram
- What's On? Seven Day TV And Soaps Guide ? This Week's Best Bets And Soaps
- Felicity Huffman hopes 'American Crime' role alters her image as a 'Desperate Housewife'
- Glen Campbell sued over film documenting his Alzheimer's fight
- Tracy Morgan 'can't believe' Walmart blaming him in deadly traffic accident
- B.J. Novak Responds to Mindy Kaling's Revelation That She Once Wanted to Marry Him
- American Horror Story: Freak Show's New Trailer Is Crazy, Scary, Cool and Features New Footage
- Ben Affleck Slams Jon Stewart for Spoiling Gone Girl, Being a "Copycat"—Watch Now!