Six Seasons Later, Saying Goodbye to 'The Hills'
MTV's epic reality show 'The Hills' comes to a close July 13 at 10 PM ET/PT after giving us an inside look at five formative years in the lives of Lauren Conrad, Heidi Montag, Audrina Patridge, Kristin Cavallari and Lo Bosworth.
Capitalizing on the popularity of shows like 'The O.C.,' 'Laguna Beach: The Real Orange County' brought a different kind of reality television to MTV in 2004, glamorizing the social lives of several affluent teenagers attending Laguna Beach High School.
When 'Laguna' came to an end in 2006, MTV decided to continue following cast member Lauren Conrad as she attempted to conquer the fashion world, creating the spin-off we all know and love, 'The Hills.' Combining creator Adam DiVello's flawlessly lit cinematic style with beautiful people and seemingly scripted situations, 'The Hills' gave viewers five years of overwrought love triangles, plastic surgeries and awkward moments.
Join PopEater as we take a walk down memory lane to say goodbye to Lauren, Heidi, Audrina, Kristin and Lo after the jump!
Six years ago, few people would have thought 'Laguna Beach' would have any staying power. But it gave legs to a dynasty of MTV spin-offs like 'The Hills' and 'The City,' and will probably continue to do so. Kristin Cavallari (far left) poses with 'Laguna Beach' cast members Lauren Conrad and Lo Bosworth in 2004.
From the lovable "LC" on 'Laguna Beach' to narrating 'The Hills,' Lauren Conrad left 'The Hills' in May 2009 to pursue a life away from the cameras. While Conrad's was the least dramatic physical transformation among the cast members, she's completely overhauled her career. Conrad has stepped away from her reality star roots to pen two books based on her personal life, 'L.A. Candy' and 'Sweet Little Lies,' which both appeared on the New York Times best-seller list.
Heidi Montag, Conrad's friend from college, joined the 'Laguna' cast in season 2, making a splash all her own. Montag followed Conrad from 'Laguna' to 'The Hills,' creating explosive storylines of friendship-ending fights and making headlines all her own for excessive plastic surgery as well as her tumultuous relationship with Spencer Pratt. Most recently, Montag has separated from Pratt.
Audrina Patridge joined 'The Hills' in 2005, and according to Wikipedia, "has appeared in more episodes than any other cast member." Using her role on 'The Hills' as a launching pad, Patridge appeared in 'Into the Blue 2: The Reef' and 'Sorority Row,' as well as seven Carl's Jr. commercials in 2009. Reality television powerhouse Mark Burnett is working with Patridge on an upcoming production, 'The Audrina Show.'
Once Conrad decided to leave 'The Hills,' there was much speculation about who would step up to fill her shoes. Leave it to MTV to bring in Conrad's nemesis from her 'Laguna Beach' days -- Kristin Cavallari. Fans eagerly awaited Cavallari's return to TV, as MTV touted her re-appearance with the tagline "The Bitch Is Back."
Conrad's best friend since elementary school, Lo Bosworth, transitioned from 'Laguna' to 'The Hills' in its second season after a rift between the two was resolved. Most recently, Bosworth announced her participation as a spokesperson for the 2010 NIVEA "Good-bye Cellulite, Hello Bikini! Challenge."
Whitney Port, an intern with Conrad at Teen Vogue, followed her blossoming fashion career to New York City to work with Kelly Cutrone. Port has since traded the California sun for a place in the fashion industry with her own 'Hills' spin-off, 2008's 'The City.' She also launched her own clothing line in March 2008, called Whitney Eve.
As we bid farewell to the ladies of the 'The Hills,' relive six seasons worth of heartbreak, friendship and unforgettable moments:
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- New York Times Apologizes for "Angry Black Woman" Review of Shonda Rhimes' New TV Show: "Commentators Are Correct to Protest"
- Juliette Lewis Defends Scientology, Tom Cruise With "Conspiratorial" Theory
- Ashton Kutcher's Sister Tausha Welcomes Baby Boy Days Before Mila Kunis Set to Give Birth
- Up In Smoke! Alaskan Reporter Charlo Greene Profanely Quits On The Air, With Ulterior Motive In Mind
- Shooting The Messenger? Dina Manzo Says She Needed Therapy After Confronting Twins Teresa Aprea & Nicole Napolitano About Cheating Rumor
- Teresa Giudice's Legal Crisis Manager Wants ?The View' To Hire Her To Revamp Show ? ?I Expect A Call,' She Says
- Then/Now: The cast of 'Friends'
- Report: Con men faked identities to work with kids on Hollywood film sets
- Iraq War veteran's inspiring journey from front lines to 'Nashville'
- Charlie Sheen Hoping for a "Classy" Return to Two and a Half Men—But Sources Say It's Not Happening
- The 10 Coolest Things You See When You Attend a Cat Film Festival
- Ellen DeGeneres Hilariously Spoofs Matthew McConaughey's Lincoln Car Commercial—Watch the Must-See Video!