Joan Rivers: I'll Pay For Lindsay Lohan's Rehab
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 14th 2010 02:45PM
The Insider, "The jokes, my God, were so minor ... I suggest that [Ronson] not worry abut the jokes; worry about Lindsay."
One of the tweets under attack by Ronson was a commentary on Lohan's seemingly disrespectful choice of nail polish, of which Rivers wrote, "Lindsay Lohan had 'F*ck You' painted on her nails. What people don't know is that the judge had 'Eat me you party skank' painted on hers."
Samantha Ronson fired back at the TV host on her Twitter, saying, "Hey Joan Rivers -- you have collagen older than Lindsay, pick on someone your own age, oh wait, I guess people that old can't hear. #bully".
Despite the seemingly mean-spirited nature of her jokes, Rivers claims that she was coming from a place of concern, saying, "People are coming out of the woodwork upset that I did a joke about her. I think they should worry about Lindsay Lohan ... That girl is going to be dead in ten years if somebody doesn't take better care of her."
"If I were Lindsay Lohan's parents, I wouldn't be on television discussing it and I wouldn't be going after Joan Rivers for doing a stupid joke on her blog. I would be taking her into rehab." Rivers, who called Lohan "beautiful and talented" then offered to pay for Lindsay's treatment herself.
However, despite the negative press currently surrounding the actress, it seems as though it may have brought the former couple, whose countless feuds were well documented by the media, closer together. The two were spotted having dinner in Los Angeles over the weekend, the first time the two have been seen in public together in nearly a year. Upon hearing the reports that Lohan and Ronson had reunited, Rivers tweeted, "Samantha, Lindsay ... you're welcome!"
Watch Joan Rivers' full interview with 'The Insider' on Wednesday, July 14th.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jenny McCarthy Said She Feels "Trans" Inside and Would Love If Her Son Came Out As Gay
- Shia LaBeouf Discusses Friendship With Brad Pitt: "He's Like My Husband"
- Matthew Morrison Shares Beautiful Wedding Picture With New Wife "Mrs. Renee Marie Morrison"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video
- Country music group Little Big Town put in top-notch effort on new album
- Perfect Match! Leonardo DiCaprio and Girlfriend Toni Garrn Enjoy Romantic Tennis Match—Watch Now!
- Diane von Furstenberg Hangs Out With Jessica Alba, Selena Gomez and More—See DVF's Famous Friends!
- Katy Perry's Birthday Week Is Already Amazing: Singer's Dream of Getting Her Name on the Shakey's Sign Comes True!