'The Hills' Fake Finale Ending Stuns Fans
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 14th 2010 11:52AM
Kristen Cavallari said her final goodbye to Brody Jenner, as the cameras slowly panned out to show all the cameras, mics and crew it takes to shoot one scene of the MTV reality show. After 102 installments, 'The Hills' faded into the sunset and said goodbye in 'Truman Show' style -- showing it takes a lot of work to make reality.
Jenner was excited for fans to finally see the surprise ending. "That day of filming it was surreal to me because they wouldn't tell me what we were filming," he told MTV. "I think the show has always battled with what's real and what's fake, and this ending was perfect because you still don't know what was real, what was fake and it's kind of like LA in a sense. I thought it was very clever and I was happy with it. I was stoked they were ending it with me. I was flattered."
So what was actually real on the show? Jenner won't tell anyone. "I would say it's entertainment and just enjoy it; don't question it too much. There were a lot of moments that were real and a lot of moments that were not so real."
The show premiered back in 2006 and followed Lauren Conrad as she made her move from Laguna Beach to Los Angeles to pursue a career in fashion. But in the middle of seasons 5, Conrad left the series and Cavallari took over as star of the show.
Cavallari told E! News that she wants to move on. "I am so happy it's over," she said.
► Six Seasons Later, Saying Goodbye to 'The Hills'
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
MORE ABOUT Kristin Cavallari
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kristin Cavallari Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Lindsay Lohan Celebrates Completing 125 Hours of Community Service Ahead of Deadline: "Hard Work Pays Off -- Amen!"
- Brandy: What's In My Bag
- Bachelorette Contestant Clint Confesses He's in Love With Fellow Contestant JJ, Reveals They've "Grown Close in the Shower" ? Watch
- Tracy Morgan settles suit with Wal-Mart over fatal crash
- 'Teen Mom 2' star Jenelle Evans is wanted in Fla.
- Radio host in trouble for killing rabbit on air
- The Biggest Loser Winner Ali Vincent Marries Girlfriend Jennifer Krusing, Shows Off 112-Pound Weight Loss
- A$AP Rocky Explains Why He Dissed Rita Ora in ''Better Things''—Watch Now!
- Martina McBride Stands Up for Female Artists After Radio Consultant Claims Country Fans Prefer Songs by Men