'The Social Network' Full Trailer Hits The Web
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 15th 2010 03:51PM
Jesse Eisenberg as Facebook co-creator Mark Zuckerberg and Justin Timberlake as Napster co-founder Sean Parker. See the trailer:
The clip cleverly starts with Facebook-themed images set to a choral performance of Radiohead's 'Creep.' The trailer plays out to suggest a tense legal thriller set in the world of a college comedy.
"Floored. Completely," read the blog My Pop Culture Brain, one of dozens of sites to snag the anticipated clip as soon as it hit. "Sure I was expecting a good script and performance but I wasn't expecting the visual assault that lays ahead."
The film's genesis is a storied one. Here, the major players:
Screenwriter Aaron Sorkin: Famed for breaking out with 'A Few Good Men,' later creating 'The West Wing,' and most recently adapting a nonfiction novel into 2008 Tom Hanks vehicle 'Charlie Wilson's War.' Sorkin has earned respect by proving himself a masterfully capable writer again and again.
Director David Fincher: Directed many movies you've seen and love -- 'Fight Club,' 'Se7en,' 'The Curious Case of Benjamin Button,' 'Zodiac.' 'Nuff said.
Star Jesse Eisenberg: Starred in 2005 indie 'The Squid and the Whale,' broke out in 2009 with 'Adventureland' and 'Zombieland.' Sometimes referred to as The Poor Man's Michael Cera, Eisenberg has thus far specialized in awkward young men. But the acting chops in 'The Social Network' look dang serious.
The guy he plays, Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder: Zuckerberg, 26, founded Facebook in his time at Harvard. Forbes declared him the youngest self-made billionaire ... at age 23. He has 581,026 "likes" on his Facebook "public figure" page.
Ben Mezrich, the guy who wrote the book: Mezrich specializes in nonfiction about college prodigies getting over their head thanks to their abilities. His first nonfiction work, 'Bringing Down the House: The Inside Story of Six MIT Students Who Took Vegas for Millions,' became the Kevin Spacey film '21' in 2008.
Sean Parker, the guy who co-founded Napster, played by Justin Timberlake: Part of the two-person team who sent the Internet into paroxysms of file-sharing joy with Napster in 1999. After all the lawsuits were said and done, he stayed in the social networking game, advising Facebook and eventually becoming president when the site went corporate.
"I'm talking about taking the entire social experience of college and putting it online," Eisenberg-as-Zuckberg says in the trailer. Now, years into Facebook's ascendancy, who can't relate to that idea?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Break Time: NFL star gets tons of wedding gifts
- Helen Mirren dresses like Queen Elizabeth, grants sick child's wish to meet royality
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Is Kellie Pickler the best winner ever?
- Cannes: Norwegian Oil Thriller 'Pioneer' Sells Wide
- Universal Channel to Launch in Germany
- Cannes: Psy Impersonator Tricks Festival Organizers, Partygoers
- ?Nashville' season finale: Every kind of cliffhanger
- ?Modern Family' finale react: Moseying along
- Five ?Arrested Development' fanfiction ? aka Bluthcest ? stories you didn't know existed
- Brandi Glanville Claims She Hooked Up With Gerard Butler
- Charlie Sheen Talks Ladies – Onscreen & Off
- Jonah Hill ‘Overwhelmed’ By ‘Moneyball’ Supporting Actor Nomination
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots!
- 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga