Canadian Officials Ban Pamela Anderson's PETA Ad
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 16th 2010 02:28PM
Pamela Anderson's curvy figure is grabbing headlines again, but this time, it's not her little red swimsuit that's making waves. The actress' latest campaign for PETA, in which she appears clad only in a bikini with her body parts labeled as cuts of meat, was banned in her homeland of Canada, with officials deeming the ad sexist.
The actress flew to Montreal to reveal the ad, which reads,"All Animals Have the Same Parts", only to find that she had been banned by city officials from hosting her planned pro-vegetarian event.
In a statement released to UsMagazine.com, Anderson wrote, "In a city that is known for its exotic dancing and for being progressive and edgy, how sad that woman could be banned from using her own body in a political protest over the suffering of cows and chickens. In some parts of the world, women are forced to cover their whole bodies with burqas -- is that next? I didn't think that Canada would be so puritanical."
A Montreal official responded to Anderson's criticism, saying, "It is not so much controversial, as it goes against all principles public organisations are fighting for in the everlasting battle between men and women."
Dan Matthews, senior vice president of PETA, said, "I think that city officials are confusing 'sexy' with 'sexist'."
►Olivia Munn on Her Nude PETA Ad: 'What's the Problem?'
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
MORE ABOUT Pamela Anderson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Pamela Anderson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Taraji P. Henson Walks Back Racial Profiling Statement, Apologizes on Instagram
- Kate Hudson on Ex-Fiance Matthew Bellamy: "We're Family For the Rest of Our Lives"
- TLC's Bride By Design Premiere: How Does Wedding Dress Designer Heidi Elnora Keep the Peace?
- Craig Morgan on MSNBC guest's criticism of country music: Comment was 'ignorant'
- Lena Dunham called anti-Semitic for article titled 'Dog or Jewish Boyfriend?'
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Fergie Turns 40: See the Sweet Message Hubby Josh Duhamel Sent for Her Birthday!
- Prince Harry Catches a Performance of Ex Cressida Bonas' Play as First Anniversary of Breakup Nears: What Does It All Mean?!
- Dr. Dre Didn't Want to Make Straight Outta Compton: I Was Nervous About ''Putting a Blemish on Our Legacy''—Watch!