Canadian Officials Ban Pamela Anderson's PETA Ad
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 16th 2010 02:28PM
Pamela Anderson's curvy figure is grabbing headlines again, but this time, it's not her little red swimsuit that's making waves. The actress' latest campaign for PETA, in which she appears clad only in a bikini with her body parts labeled as cuts of meat, was banned in her homeland of Canada, with officials deeming the ad sexist.
The actress flew to Montreal to reveal the ad, which reads,"All Animals Have the Same Parts", only to find that she had been banned by city officials from hosting her planned pro-vegetarian event.
In a statement released to UsMagazine.com, Anderson wrote, "In a city that is known for its exotic dancing and for being progressive and edgy, how sad that woman could be banned from using her own body in a political protest over the suffering of cows and chickens. In some parts of the world, women are forced to cover their whole bodies with burqas -- is that next? I didn't think that Canada would be so puritanical."
A Montreal official responded to Anderson's criticism, saying, "It is not so much controversial, as it goes against all principles public organisations are fighting for in the everlasting battle between men and women."
Dan Matthews, senior vice president of PETA, said, "I think that city officials are confusing 'sexy' with 'sexist'."
►Olivia Munn on Her Nude PETA Ad: 'What's the Problem?'
Celebs Pose for PETA
Bethenny Frankel poses for PETA.
Celebs Pose for PETA
MORE ABOUT Pamela Anderson
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Pamela Anderson Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kate Middleton's Wardrobe Malfunction: See the Duchess' High-Flying Skirt in Marilyn Monroe Moment!
- Pregnant Molly Sims Glows in Crop Top on Red Carpet, Plus See What Jennifer Lawrence, Kerry Washington, More Wore!
- Jennifer Garner Delivers Honest and Hilarious Speech About Gender Equality, Uses Ben Affleck and "Blurred Lines" Girl as Anecdotes
- Renee, Is That You? Zellweger Looks Unrecognizable On Red Carpet
- You're Fired! Teresa Giudice's Rep Cuts Ties With ?RHONJ' Star After Transfer Slight
- Lionel Richie Denies He's Khloe Kardashian's Father: ?No, I'm Not The Dad!'
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Alfonso Ribeiro dominates 'DWTS'
- Fans: Renee Zellweger nearly unrecognizable after mysterious facial changes
- Taylor Swift Talks Childhood Insecurities: "Little Kid, Little Problems—Big Kid, Big Problems"
- Oscar de la Renta's Most Iconic Red Carpet Gowns: Sarah Jessica Parker, Amy Adams & More Stars Dressed by the Late Designer
- It's Time to Meet Abby's Jerk of an Ex-Husband on Scandal