Look Out Barbra, Hubby James Brolin Is Looking To Go Crazy
By Bryan Alexander Posted Jul 17th 2010 01:00PM
He's planning to loosen up in a big way.
"It's either the rich guy or the politician, I hate playing those roles," Brolin tells PopEater. "In the future, I'm going to turn down anything that I don't feel I'm going to have fun with."
"You're going to see a very different me from now on," he says, as his new movie "Standing Ovation" is released.
You heard it here first -- no doubt after he broke the news to wife Barbra Streisand over the breakfast table -- James Brolin is looking to have some goofy movie fun even at his own expense. Don't call him for the rich, powerful guy parts. Call him for the old drunk dude or the crazy onscreen father to Mandy Moore.
In the upcoming picture "Love, Wedding, Marriage," Brolin plays a bonkers father whose long-time marriage breaks up. His spiral causes serious problems to his newlywed daughter Moore's marriage to Kellen Lutz. Mayhem follows.
"I'm just an off-the-wall father who is half crazy," says Brolin. "I love that because that's how I grew up. My whole family is a little nutty."
Word from the New Orleans set is that we'll see Brolin being pulled into a strip club by Lutz and friends in this movie in an attempt to get over his heart-ache.
And then there's the movie "Angel Camouflage" where Brolin plays a character called Salt who is "an old drunk."
"That's why I took it," he says. "I said, 'I'm not sure how this picture is going to turn out but I am going to have a lot of fun with this guy.' "
Brolin, father to actor Josh Brolin, is in the kind of position where if he doesn't like the part, he can just do something else.
"I'd rather play the (stock) market in the morning than a character I don't think is fun," Brolin says. "I'm getting too old to just work
And there's more unusual work behind the camera. Brolin has executive produced "Standing Ovation," a movie musical about friends competing in a national tween music video competition. While Brolin admits he doesn't bust a move onscreen, it's still new ground.
"This is definitely a departure," he says.
- Filed under:
- Movie News
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- James Franco and Megan Fox offer no explanation for bloody photo
- FOX411's pic of the day
- Chrissy Teigen criticized for tweets on Ottawa shooting
- Parvati Shallow Breaks Down 'Survivor': Rice Games
- Robert Redford, Cate Blanchett Ready For 'Truth' Sydney Shoot
- 'Dallas Buyers Club' Rights Holders War Against Piracy Heads To Australia
- When Taylor Swift's ?Out of the Woods' meets ?Circle of Life,' everything makes sense
- Watch Air New Zealand's ?Hobbit'-inspired safety video
- Watch the trailer for Ridley Scott's ?Halo: Nightfall'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' Recap, Episode 3: 'Edward Mordrake, Pt. 1'
- Here's the Official 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer (VIDEO)
- The 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' Trailer Has Leaked (VIDEO)