Charice Pempengco, 18, Gets Skin Tightened and Botox for 'Glee' Role
By PopEater / Wire Services Posted Jul 19th 2010 10:01AM
The 18-year-old Charice, whose singing career rocketed after appearing on Ellen DeGeneres' and Oprah Winfrey's talk shows, underwent a 30-minute Thermage skin-tightening procedure and Botox to make her "naturally round face" more narrow, celebrity cosmetic surgeon Vicki Belo told ABS-CBN television.
Charice, in the same interview, said last week's face makeover was part of her big preparations for her appearance on the hit show's second season. She starts filming at the end of this month.
"All people will be anticipating how will Charice look? Is she good enough to pit against Rachel Berry? So of course there is tremendous pressure," Charice said.
In an earlier TV interview, she said she auditioned for "Glee" in mid-June in Los Angeles and was thankful to have been accepted.
"It's really a blessing," she said, adding she was "very proud to be an Asian, very proud to be Filipino."
Born Charmaine Clarice Relucio Pempengco and raised with her brother by a single mother, she sang in local contests and appeared on TV talent shows in the Philippines and South Korea before she got a big break on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" at age 15.
She later appeared several times on the "Oprah Winfrey Show" and credits Winfrey for helping push her career.
PopScene: Week's Hottest Pics
Gabourey Sidibe attends The American Cancer Society's Choose You luncheon on May 5th in New York City.
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
Amy Sussman, Getty Images
PopScene: Weeks Hottest Pics
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Django' actress Daniele Watts charged with lewd conduct
- FOX411's pic of the day
- The many faces of Renee Zellweger
- Live-action ?Static Shock,' ?Mortal Kombat' unveiled as part of WB digital slate
- What is going on at Marvel? A PopWatch conspiracy theory
- Someone made a real hoverboard, so you should maybe get excited a little bit
- What Are Kerry Washington's Makeup Must-Haves?
- The Palin Family Brawl in Alaska: Listen to Bristol Describe Her Beatdown!
- Kris Jenner Responds to Rumors She Was on a Date with a Mystery Man
- Sarah Jessica Parker Remembers Oscar de la Renta: "It Was an Enormous Privilege" To Be Dressed By Him
- Kim Kardashian's Birthday: Read Khloe, Kris, and Kendall's Touching Instagram Posts to the Reality Star
- Kelly Clarkson Does Amazing Cover of Sam Smith's "Stay With Me": Watch Now!