Will Robyn (and Australia) Take Mel Gibson Back?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 19th 2010 07:54AM
Mel Gibson has made some huge mistakes lately but nothing compares to the biggest mistake of his life: letting Robyn Gibson, his wife of nearly 30 years, go. Now the troubled star will do whatever it takes to win her back including moving his entire family back home to Australia.
"Meeting Oksana Grigorieva and leaving his wife was the biggest mistake of Mel's life," a friend of the actor tells me. "Robyn and the seven children they have together are heartbroken to see what has happened to him. Seeing the man they know as a husband and father being portrayed as a monster is very painful and not the man they thought they knew. However, neither is the man who would walk about from them for a younger Russian gold digger."
Mel and his wife split in April 2009 when Oksana became pregnant with his child. Mel and Robyn continue to speak regularly and raise their children as a team but that doesn't mean Robyn will ever be able to forgive him and take him back.
Robyn's declaration to an LA judge last week stating that her ex husband had never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward her before, during or after their marriage, may have given Mel the wrong signal. I'm told he is now convinced he has a second chance and begging Robyn to take him back.
"Mel didn't ask Robyn for the affidavit and wept when he found out about she had done for him. He just wants his life to return to normal. Before he ever met that woman," an insider tells me. "He knows his Hollywood career is over. Now he just wants to return to Australia with his ex wife and children. Buy a ranch in the outback and live the rest of his life out of the spotlight."
The only problem is I'm not sure Australia or Robyn wants him anymore! What do you think?
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Maxim names annual Hometown Hottie: And the winner is...
- What do Adam Levine and Wilmer Valderrama have in common? ObamaCare
- One Direction fans attack Lorde's boyfriend with racist tweets
- CBS Renews 'Survivor' for Two More Editions; Jeff Probst Re-ups as Host
- Roundtable: 6 Documentarians on Lance Armstrong's Lies and Alec Baldwin's Secret Talent
- Parvati Shallow Recaps 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Tears, Lies and a Shocking Victory
- The Golden Globe Comedy and Musical nominees: Where laughter goes to die
- Lea Michele opens up about Cory Monteith to Ellen DeGeneres
- Golden Globe nominations: Reactions from Matthew McConaughey, Kerry Washington & more
- Here's the New Logo for Christopher Nolan's 'Interstellar' (PHOTO)
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug,' 'Tyler Perry's A Madea Christmas,' 'Saving Mr. Banks,' & More
- Tom Hanks on the Burden of Playing Walt Disney, the Real P.L. Travers, and Dinners With Emma Thompson