Will Robyn (and Australia) Take Mel Gibson Back?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 19th 2010 07:54AM
Mel Gibson has made some huge mistakes lately but nothing compares to the biggest mistake of his life: letting Robyn Gibson, his wife of nearly 30 years, go. Now the troubled star will do whatever it takes to win her back including moving his entire family back home to Australia.
"Meeting Oksana Grigorieva and leaving his wife was the biggest mistake of Mel's life," a friend of the actor tells me. "Robyn and the seven children they have together are heartbroken to see what has happened to him. Seeing the man they know as a husband and father being portrayed as a monster is very painful and not the man they thought they knew. However, neither is the man who would walk about from them for a younger Russian gold digger."
Mel and his wife split in April 2009 when Oksana became pregnant with his child. Mel and Robyn continue to speak regularly and raise their children as a team but that doesn't mean Robyn will ever be able to forgive him and take him back.
Robyn's declaration to an LA judge last week stating that her ex husband had never engaged in any physical abuse of any kind toward her before, during or after their marriage, may have given Mel the wrong signal. I'm told he is now convinced he has a second chance and begging Robyn to take him back.
"Mel didn't ask Robyn for the affidavit and wept when he found out about she had done for him. He just wants his life to return to normal. Before he ever met that woman," an insider tells me. "He knows his Hollywood career is over. Now he just wants to return to Australia with his ex wife and children. Buy a ranch in the outback and live the rest of his life out of the spotlight."
The only problem is I'm not sure Australia or Robyn wants him anymore! What do you think?
- Filed under:
- Famous Couples -
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- FOX411's pic of the day
- '19 Kids & Counting's' cousin Amy Duggar reaches for Nashville dreams
- Jane Doe in 2005 Bill Cosby civil rape suit comes forward
- South Korea, Hong Kong Sign Pact for Cultural Exchanges
- In Theaters This Weekend: Reviews of 'Penguins of Madagascar,' 'Horrible Bosses 2' and More
- Busan, China's Wanda Group to Launch $180M Film Fund
- The best Black Friday deals for videogames, movies, more
- Jim Parsons talks theater and the ?charming' ?Merton of the Movies'
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' Review: Why the Comedy Sequel Isn't As Horrible As You Might Think
- 10 Christmas Movies That Haven't Aged Well
- Best of Late Night TV: Evangeline Lilly's Odd Costume, Pregnant Emily Blunt Saved Meryl Streep's Life (VIDEO)