Even Australians Don't Want Mel Gibson Back
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 20th 2010 09:50PM
It seems everyone is mad at Mel Gibson these days. And now, in an effort to get out of the spotlight and win back his ex-wife Robyn, the movie star plans to pick up his family and move back to Australia. But, do Australians even want him back?
Australian native, and Bravo's most colorful Real Househusband ever, Simon van Kempen, tells me exactly what he thinks about Mel Gibson and what the actor once meant to Australia.
"To see Mel's implosion over the last 5 years has been maddeningly sad to say the least," he told me. "As a young Australian in the late '70s and early '80s Mel was THE Australian (although American) in the international film business and not surpassed until Russell Crowe (although a New Zealander) came along."
The reality star continued, "Once we got to know the real Mel... we could see he was a little different; a member of an extreme religion, the son of a father with pretty disgusting views and then, when he was arrested for a DWI, his anti-Semitic tirade showed the apple hadn't fallen too far."
"Once he fell for the beautiful Russian Oksana Grigorieva, his 24-year marriage publicly crumbled. And after claims of domestic abuse surfaced, Mel is now seen as a vile and disgusting human being whose career is surely done for," he said.
van Kempen concludes, "How ironic that after the demise of his relationship with Oksana, reports are now surfacing that he and Robyn are going to head back to Australia where perhaps he can escape the wrath of the U.S. media. Australia might be 14 hours by plane from Los Angeles, but it's still just a nanosecond away via the Internet. And I doubt Mel will get much peace there."
"For Mel, it seems his epitaph may well come from his movie titles as he's certainly no longer 'What Women Want,' and his language is not for the 'Braveheart,' and so it seems he's reverted to the movies that made him famous. But instead of 'Mad Max' he's now Mad Mel."
Can't wait to hear what Bethenny, Jill and Alex think too!
- Filed under:
- Gut Reactions -
- Movie News -
- Celebrity Scandal -
- Hottest Stories -
- Naughty But Nice With Rob Shuter
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Melissa Rivers breaks her silence about her mother, Joan.
- Baltimore Ravens Reportedly Knew Details of Ray Rice Video Hours After Violent Incident
- Jimmy Fallon's 40th: James Franco, Seth Rogen and Stevie Wonder Surprise on 'Tonight Show'
- Academy Announces Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting Finalists
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Super Smash Bros.' was the best and worst thing to happen to Nintendo
- Hear three tracks from the all-star ?Here Lies Love' remix album
- These Are the 15 Funniest 'The Cosby Show' Episodes Ever (VIDEO)
- Our Hopes for 'The Good Wife' Season 6: Alicia Florrick, State's Attorney?
- Marvel's 'Deadpool' Gets 2016 Release Date -- And Maybe Ryan Reynolds