Why Did January Jones Miss the 'Mad Men' Premiere?
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 21st 2010 05:00PM
There was drama surrounding January Jones' absence from the 'Mad Men' premiere in Los Angeles last night: I'm talking Emmy-nominated type of drama. You see, Betty Draper was stuck in 'The Office.'
No, not the new Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce offices, which we can't wait to finally see starting Sunday night. A close source tells me that Jones -- who is rightfully up for an Emmy for Best Actress in a TV drama -- was indeed shooting scenes for Season Four late into the night and missed attending the premiere with her castmates.
What's Jones' consolation prize for having to miss out on last night's party? Don't fret. It's shaping up to be big.
Jones will have the premiere of a lifetime when she and fellow co-star and Emmy nominee Elisabeth Moss (who plays Peggy Olsen) host a premiere screening in New York's Times Square sponsored by Chase Sapphire on Sunday night.
New Yorkers attending the screening will get to see the hotly-anticipated fourth season episode a full hour earlier than its 10PM ET premiere on AMC Sunday night.
Last year's Times Square screening turned out 6,000 fans, dressed as their favorite Mad Men characters. Even more are expected this year so Jones will have plenty of company.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Teresa Giudice Dropped By Crisis Manager Wendy Feldman After Filing Orange Is The New Black Prison Request: Details
- Ryan Phillippe Disses His Own Career: "I've Made 30-Plus Films," "Five of Them Are Good"
- Dancing With the Stars Recap, Season 19, Week 6: Pitbull Guest Judges, Janel and Val Tease "Feelings"
- Famed Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta Dies At 82
- Monica Lewinsky Says ?I Lost My Public Self' During First Public Speaking Engagement ? ?I Fell In Love With My Boss'
- A Mother's Desperate Plea: Teresa Giudice Begs Judge To Lock Her Up In Connecticut Near Daughters, After Hiring New Lawyer
- Oscar de la Renta, fashion designer, dies at 82, report says
- 'Real Housewives' star Brandi Glanville reportedly dating 23-year-old
- Nicki Minaj doesn't understand the fuss over 'Anaconda' video