Lindsay Lohan's Jail Stint Knocked Down to 12 Days
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 21st 2010 06:29AM
Steve Whitmore told reporters that nonviolent female inmates generally serve about 25 percent of their sentence, principally because of overcrowding in the jail system. He indicated to PEOPLE that Lohan would likely be released from Century Regional Detention Facility either August 1 or 2.
At Tuesday's hearing, Beverly Hills Judge Marsha Revel ordered that Lohan must not be released to house arrest or electronic monitoring and also slashed the 24-year-old's transition time between jail and her 90-day rehab stint from 48 to 24 hours.
"She's scared as anyone would be," Lohan's attorney, Shawn Chapman Holley, told the press on Tuesday. "But she's resolute and she's doing it."
Lohan was sentenced July 6 to 90 days in jail and a 90-day inpatient rehabilitation program for violating probation on an old DUI and drug case. For the next 13 days, she'll live in a 12-by-8 cell in the famed facility, which has also housed Paris Hilton, Nicole Richie, Khloe Kardashian and 'Lost' alum Michelle Rodriguez.
The actress may even bump into E! reality star Alexis Neiers, who is currently serving a 180-day sentence for felony burglary of Orlando Bloom's home. Neiers is also believed to have been in involved in a break-in at Lohan's house.
Lindsay Behind Bars
Lindsay Lohan's attorney Shawn Chapman Holley talks to reporters, as Jake Byrd, wears a T-shirt in support of Lohan, left, after Lohan was sentenced to jail, at the Beverly Hills courthouse Tuesday, July 20, 2010, in Beverly Hills, Calif. (AP Photo/Nick Ut)
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- 'Dancing With the Stars' crowns a new champion
- No background check done on Michael Jackson's doctor, lawyer says
- Break Time: Tan Mom makes an unfortunate music video
- American Idol's Allison Iraheta Is Married: Report
- Brad Pitt Talks Drug Use, Says He Had an "Epiphany" 10 Years Ago; Robert Pattinson Moves Out of Kristen Stewart's Home: Today's Top Stories
- Jesse James Accidentally Cuts Off His Finger, Says He Doesn't Need Morphine
- Nikki Sixx Takes Another Shot At Kim Kardashian's Insensitivity During Oklahoma Tornado
- Talk About A Transformation! Sharon Stone Goes From Makeup-Free To Red Hot Bombshell At Cannes