Lindsay Lohan Celebrity Stock Watch
By Jo Piazza Posted Jul 21st 2010 12:15PM
This is it for Lindsay Lohan. Heading to jail represents a make-or-break moment for the troubled starlet -- from here, she can capitalize on a redemption narrative and ride the public's sympathy back into the spotlight or she can throw it all away and waste the last chance America is giving her to salvage her career. It's a tightrope-balancing act for Linds. Her celebrity stock is going to rise and fall over the next couple of months based on how well she plays to America's sympathy. The value Lindsay creates right now will determine whether Hollywood will bring her back into the fold upon her return. So how's she doing so far?
Getting glammed up for her mug shot -- STOCK GOES DOWN!
Jail isn't pretty and no one can relate to a woman who looks stunning in her mug shot. Why not? Because most of us don't look that good in our passport photos, and we're not even wearing orange.
Lindsay's lawyer tells us she is crying in jail -- STOCK GOES UP!
Personal growth is necessary for any redemption narrative. It's good to know that Lindsay is starting off stressed and sad, so by the end of this she can emerge as a strong, changed woman (wearing leggings and a poncho sewn for her by a fellow inmate from dental floss).
Being housed in the cell next to 'Pretty Wild' star Alexis Neiers -- STOCK GOES DOWN!
Sure, Lindsay can't pick her neighbors, but this just reminds America of how many young, privileged a-holes there are in Lynwood.
Lindsay says the only "bookings" she is used to are Disney "bookings" -- STOCK GOES UP!
Yeeeeeeess! Thank for reminding us that the state of California has locked up that adorable 11-year old from 'The Parent Trap.' Now we feel bad.
Lindsay goes full-frontal in next movie -- STOCK GOES DOWN!
Yes, the Linda Lovelace biopic is being touted as an art-house production, but going full-frontal is a tricky thing and nudity is more often than not viewed as a sign of desperation for actresses who have lost the respect of Hollywood. Sure, Kate Winslet can go nude in a tub with a teenager and we will still love her, but that is because Kate hasn't shown up at Hyde without her underwear. Lindsay has done the nude thing before -- when she posed for Burt Fields' in New York magazine's recreation of 'Marilyn Monroe's Last Sitting' -- and she was roundly blasted by critics and never received a dime for the shoot.
Overall, Lindsay's celebrity stock is still looking bearish, but things are starting to look up. We'll keep you updated on the volatility in the Lohan market as her run continues.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Bill Cosby accuser says he had her put oatmeal on her face, act like a queen
- 'Unfinished Business' stars pose for series of stock business photos
- Man charged with murder in connection to Nicki Minaj tour member stabbing
- Julie Roberts and Cicely Tyson Among Recipients of Gracies Awards
- Here's What Giorgio Armani Says About Designing Madonna's Brit Awards Cape
- Richard Gere Says He Worked With "Teenagers" in 'Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'
- 'Guardians,' 'Fault in Our Stars,' 'Neighbors' Dominate MTV Movie Award Noms
- See What Happens When 'When Wes Anderson Meets 'X-Men' (VIDEO)
- Best of Late Night TV: Ansel Elgort's Embarrassing Bruce Willis Story, Norman Reedus' Best Fan-Licking Requests (VIDEO)