No Takers for Sarah Palin-Levi Johnston Kiss and Make-Up Interview
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 21st 2010 08:03AM
Just one week after Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston got paid a whopping $100,000 to announce their upcoming wedding on the cover of Us Weekly, the Palin camp has been shopping around an interview plus photographs of Sarah and her future son-in-law together. The problem? No one wants them!
"Last week sales figures for Us Weekly were a huge disappointment," a magazine insider tells me. "After spending that sort of money, Us was hoping to sell over a million copies; instead they only sold around 750,000. Don't expect to see any of the Palin's on a cover of any other [celebrity] weeklies any time soon."
► Will Sarah Even Go to Bristol's Wedding?
Sources tell me the asking price for the staged kiss and make-up interview was in the $150,000 range. However, once it became clear that wasn't going to happen, the price was reduced to $10,000 and they still had no takers.
"Additionally, what didn't help the Palin's was the fact that Angelina and Brad stepped out on the red carpet together Monday evening for her 'Salt' premiere in Los Angeles," said an industry source. "Just before the weekly magazines went to print the world's most gorgeous couple handed them a perfect cover image. No one handles their image better than those two. Not even Sarah Palin."
Justin Bieber's Biggest Worry in the World!
That adorable Justin Bieber might seem like he doesn't have a worry in the world. However, Naughty But Nice can reveal that simply isn't true. Sources tell me that the teen heartthrob's biggest concern is keeping his trusty white jacket -- the one he wears every night to open his sold-out show -- clean!
"Justin is a very energetic performer and the cloths he wears onstage go through a lot," one insider tells me. "White might not be the most practical color to wear night after night on tour, but don't try telling Justin that. His white denim jacket is his favorite look in the entire show and it has to be perfect every night."
Not to worry, Mr. Bieber -- G-Star to the rescue. The hip clothing company makes Justin's favorite jacket, and incidentally also dressed Robert Pattinson in 'Eclipse,' sent a whole box of White G-Star denim jackets to meet him upon his arrival in Illinois last week. Has no one in team Beiber ever heard of Tide with Bleach?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Mirabella Botti: Little People, Big World Wedding Photo
- Polly Bergen Dead: Actress and Singer Dies at 84
- George Clooney Will Wear Giorgio Armani Tux to Wed Amal Alamuddin
- New Shocker: Bruce Jenner Appears To Wear Spanx For Golf Outing SEE The Jaw-Dropping Photos
- Kim's Worst Nightmare: Racy Naked Selfies Of Kardashian Leak Online
- Polly Bergen, versatile actress, singer dies at 84
- Report: Avril Lavigne and Nickelback's Chad Kroeger are splitting up
- Lady Gaga says she's 'very happy' and sober
- Pregnant Zoe Saldana Pole Dances at the Airport With Husband Marco Perego—See the Hilarious Video!
- Little People, Big World Star Jeremy Roloff Marries Audrey Botti—Get the Details on Their Farm Wedding!
- Shirtless Jared Leto Shows Off His Impressive Junk Once Again During Concert—See the Hot Pic!