No Takers for Sarah Palin-Levi Johnston Kiss and Make-Up Interview
By Rob Shuter Posted Jul 21st 2010 08:03AM
Just one week after Bristol Palin and Levi Johnston got paid a whopping $100,000 to announce their upcoming wedding on the cover of Us Weekly, the Palin camp has been shopping around an interview plus photographs of Sarah and her future son-in-law together. The problem? No one wants them!
"Last week sales figures for Us Weekly were a huge disappointment," a magazine insider tells me. "After spending that sort of money, Us was hoping to sell over a million copies; instead they only sold around 750,000. Don't expect to see any of the Palin's on a cover of any other [celebrity] weeklies any time soon."
► Will Sarah Even Go to Bristol's Wedding?
Sources tell me the asking price for the staged kiss and make-up interview was in the $150,000 range. However, once it became clear that wasn't going to happen, the price was reduced to $10,000 and they still had no takers.
"Additionally, what didn't help the Palin's was the fact that Angelina and Brad stepped out on the red carpet together Monday evening for her 'Salt' premiere in Los Angeles," said an industry source. "Just before the weekly magazines went to print the world's most gorgeous couple handed them a perfect cover image. No one handles their image better than those two. Not even Sarah Palin."
Justin Bieber's Biggest Worry in the World!
That adorable Justin Bieber might seem like he doesn't have a worry in the world. However, Naughty But Nice can reveal that simply isn't true. Sources tell me that the teen heartthrob's biggest concern is keeping his trusty white jacket -- the one he wears every night to open his sold-out show -- clean!
"Justin is a very energetic performer and the cloths he wears onstage go through a lot," one insider tells me. "White might not be the most practical color to wear night after night on tour, but don't try telling Justin that. His white denim jacket is his favorite look in the entire show and it has to be perfect every night."
Not to worry, Mr. Bieber -- G-Star to the rescue. The hip clothing company makes Justin's favorite jacket, and incidentally also dressed Robert Pattinson in 'Eclipse,' sent a whole box of White G-Star denim jackets to meet him upon his arrival in Illinois last week. Has no one in team Beiber ever heard of Tide with Bleach?
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Jill Duggar and Husband Derick Dillard Enjoy Lunch Date at His Workplace: See the Cute Photos
- Vin Diesel Covers Sam Smith's "Stay With Me," Has All the Emotions: Watch
- Brian Williams Reports on Daughter Allison Williams' Casting as Peter Pan: Watch the Video
- Best Comic Con Style: Nina Dobrev and Emma Roberts
- Gwyneth Paltrow Attends Movie Screening with Chris Martin
- ‘Girls’ Actress Lands Much-Anticipated Role of Peter Pan
- What problem? Ariana Grande is new princess of pop with hit single, feverish fans, 2nd album
- Kelly Rowland talks pregnancy: ?It's a boy!'
- Stars who lost their mojo
- 11 Life Lessons I Learned After Finally Reading Harry Potter for the First Time at Age 30
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus Already Has Her Emmy Dress Picked Out, Minnie Driver Reveals Her Own Hair Plans For the Big Night
- The Real Housewives of Melbourne Invade Bravo—Meet Your New Aussie Faves!