Sarah Palin to Take Kate Gosselin and Kids Camping on 'Kate Plus Eight'
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 22nd 2010 08:54PM
In Touch magazine. And with Palin's upcoming docu-reality TV show set to run on the same network, it's potentially a great opportunity for cross-promotion.
Gosselin and her eight kids have made the trip to Alaska and will be meeting up with Palin for a camping trip. Palin's dad, a retired science teacher, and her brother, a third-grade teacher, will do a hands-on natural history lesson for the kids, 9-year-old twins Mady and Cara, and 6-year-old sextuplets Aaden, Joel, Collin, Leah, Hannah and Alexis.
The former Vice Presidential candidate is reportedly excited for the visit and camping trip. "She's excited because it will be fun and educational for the children. Sarah will even teach Kate how to avoid bears!" In Touch's source said.
Sources tell PopEater that Gosselin and Palin have already spoken on the phone, but don't expect the pair to be writing LYLAS on their Trapper Keepers any time soon.
"A friendship is unlikely" after they finish taping their segment, our source says, adding "with Kate, out of sight means out of mind. She hasn't spoken with Tony her dancing partner from 'Dancing With the Stars' since she last stepped onto the dancefloor."
TLC declined PopEater's request for comment.
No word on whether Jon Gosselin is sad to be missing his family's big camping trip up north or whether Kate will be returning the favor and book an appearance on Palin's own TLC show, 'Sarah Palin's Alaska.'
Discovery Communications, which operates TLC, describes 'Sarah Palin's Alaska' not as a reality show, but rather a travelogue that will "reveal Alaska's powerful beauty as it has never been filmed, and as told by one of the state's proudest daughters." The network has not announced when the show will debut.
Kate Gosselin Snapshots
TV personality Kate Gosselin poses at Kate Gosselin Signs Copies Of "I Just Want You to Know: Letters To My Kids" at Barnes & Noble 3rd Street Promenade on April 16, 2010 in Santa Monica, California. Kate Gosselin Signs Copies Of "I Just Want You to Know: Letters To My Kids" Barnes & Noble 3rd Street Promenade Santa Monica, CA United States April 16, 2010 Photo by Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic.com To license this image (17231492), contact FilmMagic.com
MORE ABOUT Kate Gosselin
Find the latest stories, biography, photos, videos, and more.Read more about Kate Gosselin Li
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Kim Kardashian Dresses North in Skunk Costume; See How the Today Show Celebrated Halloween: Top 5 Stories
- Heidi Klum Dresses as a Butterfly for Annual Halloween Party -- See Her Crazy Costume Here!
- Kim Kardashian and North West Dress as Anna Wintour, Andre Leon Talley -- Plus, See Her Other Halloween Costumes!
- Tara Reid’s Skeletal Figure Scares Fans BEFORE She Puts On Halloween Costume!
- Demi Moore ‘Driving Mila Nuts,’ Wants Her To ‘Stay Away’ From Baby Wyatt ? Or Else!
- Judge Rules Amanda Bynes To Stay Under Conservatorship Until 2015, As Actress No-Show In Court
- Randy Bachman of The Guess Who & BTO keeps on takin' care of business
- Amanda Bynes released from psychiatric facility, slams parents in Twitter rant
- Country singer Jessie James Decker deletes Twitter account after ripping followers
- Happy Halloween! Check Out Kim Kardashian, Lea Michele, Justin Bieber and More Stars in Costume!
- Melanie Griffith on Who She'd Like to Date Next and Why She'll Never Watch Daughter Dakota Johnson in Fifty Shades of Grey
- Chris Brown Talks All Things Rihanna: The Assault, Their Relationship, Drake and More—Watch Now!