Billy Corgan Collapses at Smashing Pumpkins Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 23rd 2010 06:18AM
"That wasn't a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out," he told his Twitter followers the next morning.
He says he has no memory of stumbling back onto the drums and his guitar cabinet, "but I can tell you I've got quite a good bruise [and] am moving slow."
Though Corgan makes it sound like a pretty nasty spill, a review of the show in the Tampa Bay Times doesn't mention any such incident. The critic, Jay Cridlin, gave the concert a rave -- it was "an explosion of ear-gnarling, eye-searing rock 'n' roll" -- but must have missed Corgan's fall during 'Bullet.'
"The setlist stuck largely to fierce, amp-scorching rockers like 'Tarantula,' 'Cherub Rock,' 'As Rome Burns' and, of course, the stadium-sized 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings.'"
Corgan and the Pumpkins are set to perform in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Friday night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Report: NYPD investigating 'X Men' director Bryan Singer for sexual assault
- The lovely Courtney Stodden
- Joan Rivers 'resting comfortably' after being rushed to hospital, daughter says
- Entertainment Geekly: ?Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- ?Rock Band' developer debuts a game for wannabe dream exorcists
- Poll: Which ?Walking Dead' magazine cover is your favorite?
- Britney Spears Splits from BF, Tweets About ?Single Life'
- 'Extra' Trend Spotter: Fab Dresses from Gabriella Rocha!
- Stars in Bikinis! Kim K, Kendall Jenner, Selena Gomez and Other Hotties