Billy Corgan Collapses at Smashing Pumpkins Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 23rd 2010 06:18AM
"That wasn't a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out," he told his Twitter followers the next morning.
He says he has no memory of stumbling back onto the drums and his guitar cabinet, "but I can tell you I've got quite a good bruise [and] am moving slow."
Though Corgan makes it sound like a pretty nasty spill, a review of the show in the Tampa Bay Times doesn't mention any such incident. The critic, Jay Cridlin, gave the concert a rave -- it was "an explosion of ear-gnarling, eye-searing rock 'n' roll" -- but must have missed Corgan's fall during 'Bullet.'
"The setlist stuck largely to fierce, amp-scorching rockers like 'Tarantula,' 'Cherub Rock,' 'As Rome Burns' and, of course, the stadium-sized 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings.'"
Corgan and the Pumpkins are set to perform in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Friday night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Don Rickles recovering from flesh-eating disease
- Is ?Mandela: Long Walk to Freedom' a good way to learn about the life of Nelson Mandela?
- Carrie Undewood tweets Bible verse in response to critics
- Paul Rudd and One Direction take on ?Saturday Night Live': Talk about it here!
- ?The Following' season 1 video recaps ? EXCLUSIVE VIDEOS
- ?Sound of Music Live!': The original film's Von Trapp children respond
- Grammy Nominations 2014: Jay Z, Mackelmore & Ryan Lewis Top the List
- Twerkin' on Santa? Miley Cyrus Not Nice in Naughty Jingle Ball Performance
- Vin Diesel Shares Heartbreaking Moment with Paul Walker's Mother