Billy Corgan Collapses at Smashing Pumpkins Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 23rd 2010 06:18AM
"That wasn't a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out," he told his Twitter followers the next morning.
He says he has no memory of stumbling back onto the drums and his guitar cabinet, "but I can tell you I've got quite a good bruise [and] am moving slow."
Though Corgan makes it sound like a pretty nasty spill, a review of the show in the Tampa Bay Times doesn't mention any such incident. The critic, Jay Cridlin, gave the concert a rave -- it was "an explosion of ear-gnarling, eye-searing rock 'n' roll" -- but must have missed Corgan's fall during 'Bullet.'
"The setlist stuck largely to fierce, amp-scorching rockers like 'Tarantula,' 'Cherub Rock,' 'As Rome Burns' and, of course, the stadium-sized 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings.'"
Corgan and the Pumpkins are set to perform in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Friday night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Shania Twain's Las Vegas residency to end in December
- Robert Downey Jr. tops highest-paid actor list again
- Cops called on Justin Bieber six times in two days
- ?Fargo' to Get a Whole New Cast for Season 2
- Rachel McAdams Dishes About Co-Stars Lindsay Lohan and Philip Seymour Hoffman
- Zoe Saldana in Guardians of the Galaxy Green or Avatar Blue: Which Makeup Suits Her Best?
- 5 Seconds of Summer Performs to Massive Today Show Crowd: "This Is the Most Incredible Thing That's Ever Happened to Us"
- Husband Makes Spreadsheet of Wife's Excuses Not to Have Sex; Document Goes Viral