Billy Corgan Collapses at Smashing Pumpkins Show
By PopEater Staff Posted Jul 23rd 2010 06:18AM
"That wasn't a stage move or clumsiness, that was me blacking out and wiping out," he told his Twitter followers the next morning.
He says he has no memory of stumbling back onto the drums and his guitar cabinet, "but I can tell you I've got quite a good bruise [and] am moving slow."
Though Corgan makes it sound like a pretty nasty spill, a review of the show in the Tampa Bay Times doesn't mention any such incident. The critic, Jay Cridlin, gave the concert a rave -- it was "an explosion of ear-gnarling, eye-searing rock 'n' roll" -- but must have missed Corgan's fall during 'Bullet.'
"The setlist stuck largely to fierce, amp-scorching rockers like 'Tarantula,' 'Cherub Rock,' 'As Rome Burns' and, of course, the stadium-sized 'Bullet With Butterfly Wings.'"
Corgan and the Pumpkins are set to perform in Knoxville, Tennessee, on Friday night.
- Jennifer Aniston
- Paris Hilton
Kate Middleton is officially a princess. She walked the aisle in an Alexander...
According to Denise, she's not sure that her estranged ex is completely sober....
Popeater Hot Topics
- Editor says Gabriel Garcia Marquez left unpublished manuscript
- Letterman welcomes successor Colbert for first time since announcing retirement
- Christian band MercyMe opens up about abuse, God and new album
- ?Supernatural' recap: Killing things that need killing
- ?Agents of SHIELD' react: A little night music
- ?Mindy Project' recap: An officer and a gynecologist